Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, October 4, 2012

Maple Notch Brides Review!!!


 Notch Brides (Romancing America) by Darlene Franklin



Book Description:
Maple Notch Brides (Romancing America)Climb into adventure in the Green Mountain State where party politics, parental pressure, and personal misperceptions challenge three couples. Sally Reid and her family of Patriots are in hiding. Can she trust Josiah Tuttle, a man whose father is loyal to King George? Beatrice Bailey’s wealthy father wants his daughter to marry up—not down. Does farmer Calvin Tuttle have any chance of winning Beatrice’s heart and her father’s blessing? Clara Farley has accepted the role of spinster. Can Daniel Tuttle get her to change her mind? Will God show these couples a way above the fray?




My Opinion:
I LOVE this book and have read it more than once. This was my first Romancing America Novella Collection I had ever read. It is FABULOUS!!! Maple Notch Brides flows beautifully from one book to the next as is goes from generation to generation. The wonderful concept of linking all of the books in this way is wonderful. Each story was unique and different. Linked by family ties and Jesus all of these stories are fabulous. Historical and refreshing. I can't wait to read more Romancing America after this, and I must recommend that you read this book. Darlene Franklin is a great writer and she leads you through adventure after adventure!

I have one song choice for this book. It is one that I have used before, and it is one of my favorite hymns that works with every story through the book: "He Leadeth Me" by The Cluster Pluckers

John 3:16 (Read it, Believe it, and Be Saved!!!)

~ASC



P.S. I would LOVE it if you would become a follower of ASC Photos and Designs here on Blogger w/ GFC!  Just click "Join this site" and it'll tell ya what to do!!! ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment