Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, November 15, 2012

Found Review!!!

Found by Shelley Shepard Gray


Book Description:
Found: The Secrets of Crittenden County, Book ThreeA murder is solved and a quiet Amish community must deal with the repercussions. Amid the surprising revelations, can a newfound love survive?
As the search for Perry Borntrager's killer continues, Jacob Schrock feels like his world is about to crumble. Right before Perry went missing, he and Jacob got into a fistfight. Jacob never told anyone what happened that terrible night. He's good at keeping secrets—including his love for Deborah, Perry's sister. But when Deborah takes a job at his family's store and their friendship blossoms, Jacob senses everything is about to be revealed.  
Deborah has been searching for a slice of happiness ever since her brother's body was discovered. When the police start questioning Jacob, Deborah can't believe that the one person she's finally allowed in could be the one responsible for her brother's death. Will she believe what everyone seems to think is the truth . . . or listen to her heart, and hope there is still one more person who is keeping secrets in Crittenden County?



My Opinion:
You may be wondering why I gave this book 4 stars after titling my review "Heartbreaking". Well, it's because Found is still a good read, but it was heartbreaking. The act of murder in and of itself is heartbreaking and in this conclusion Perry's murderer is revealed! I did love the look further into some of the characters and the relationships that develop. I will warn you that the closer to the end of the book the more typos you will encounter. As any of you that have read my past reviews will know, that is one of my pet peeves! :) Anyway, I was upset about one of the character's end; I wish it had been wrapped up better instead of (I feel) just hanging there, leaving me in ANTICIPATION!!! Though now I must tell you that you MUST read the letter Shelley wrote to us as readers! I LOVE her writing especially in this personal and relaxed way! I do recommend that you read this book especially if you read the first two, but I also felt I needed to give you my honest opinion. And because of the end I had to knock off a star. Shelley's writing is still really good though and I for one can't wait to read ? which is previewed in the back of Found!

My song choices for this book are: "What I've Done" by Linkin Park and "Forgiveness" by Matthew West

Psalm 119:143

~ASC

P.S. I would LOVE it if you would Follow my blog!  Either with GFC or Network Blogs!  Look to the LEFT side of this page to find both options! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amada!!! I found your blog via Dana Wilkinson Spille! Nice post and we always appreciate you coming by Colonial Quills and Overcoming Through Time - With God's Help!!! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'm SO glad you found it! I LOVE OTT and Colonial Quills!

      Hugs!

      Delete