Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, January 4, 2013

Courting Cate Review!!!

*Courting Cate by Leslie Gould

http://www.amazon.com/Courting-Cate-Courtships-Lancaster-County/dp/0764210319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357323029&sr=8-1&keywords=Courting+Cate


Book Description:
Courting Cate (The Courtships of Lancaster County)When Amish farmer Pete Treger moves to Paradise Township, Pennsylvania, seeking a better life, he meets sisters Cate and Betsy Miller. Both are beautiful, but older sister Cate is known more for her sharp tongue and fiery temper than her striking appearance. Betsy, on the other hand, is sweet and flirty--and seems to have attracted most of the bachelors in Lancaster County!

However, the sisters' wealthy father has made one hard and fast rule: elder sister must marry first, before the younger can even start courting. 



Unfortunately for poor Betsy, and for the men who want to court her, her older sister, Cate, doesn't have any suitors--until Pete comes to town, that is. 

Though he finds both sisters attractive, something about Cate's feisty demeanor appeals to him. Soon the other bachelors in the district convince Pete to court Cate. She hardly seems receptive to his overtures, though. Instead, she's immediately suspicious of his interest.

http://www.amazon.com/Courting-Cate-Courtships-Lancaster-County/dp/0764210319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357323029&sr=8-1&keywords=Courting+Cate

My Opinion:
I have always loved Taming of the Shrew and Amish fiction. So when I found a book that combined both of them I was SO excited!

Taming of the Shrew is my favorite Shakespearean work. I have always felt a connection to the character Kate, and the same is with Leslie's rendition. Actually I loved Courting Cate even more than Taming of the Shrew, because it is written in Cate's perspective. The kinship I have always felt with Cate grew by leaps and bounds while reading her thoughts and feelings. Leslie has made it onto my favorite authors list and Courting Cate has made onto my FAVORITE books list! This is a fabulous story, told in a beautiful way. The pace is set with NO lulls and FULL of great scenes; and a few twists! I didn't want to put this book down and I read way past/or right to midnight on more than one night before making myself go to sleep. Then I picked it back up and read through out the day!!! Every emotion resonated within my chest as I read through everything Cate and Pete goes through, because Leslie writes in such an emotional way. Courting Cate shows you that if you find God's love first; other loves are truer and stronger. This is a MUST READ!!! Wonderful, simply wonderful!

My songs are: "Be Be Your Love" by Rachael Yamagata, "Pass Me Not" by The Cluster Pluckers, and "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer (love this song for this book because it reminds me of "KISS ME KATE!" :) )

Esther

~ASC

*I received this book for free from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion of this book, and the above is my true opinion of Courting Cate.  Thanks Bethany House for the review copy! :)

P.S. As always I would LOVE for you to follow my blog!  Either by GFC or Network blogs!  Look to the left of the posts and PLEASE Follow!!!  THANK YOU to all my followers! :)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your review! I found it lively and charming. Leslie's book is indeed an enchanting read. Keep up the good work.

    In Christian Joy,
    Barb Shelton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much Barbara! Your encouragement means a lot to me! :)

    Hugs, Amada

    ReplyDelete