Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, April 5, 2013

Invisible Review!!!

*Invisible by Ginny L. Yttrup


Book Description:

Ellyn DeMoss -- chef, café owner, and lover of butter -- is hiding behind her extra weight. But what is she hiding? While Ellyn sees the good in others, she has only condemnation for herself. So when a handsome widower claims he’s attracted to Ellyn, she’s certain there’s something wrong with him.
 
Sabina Jackson -- tall, slender, and exotic -- left her husband, young adult daughters, and a thriving counseling practice to spend a year in Northern California where she says she’s come to heal. But it seems to Ellyn that Sabina’s doing more hiding than healing. What’s she hiding from? Is it God?
 
Twila Boaz has come out of hiding and is working to gain back the pounds she lost when her only goal was to disappear. When her eating disorder is triggered again, though she longs to hide, she instead follows God and fights for her own survival. But will she succeed?
 
As these women’s lives intertwine, their eyes open to the glory within each of them as they begin to recognize themselves as being created in God’s image.



My Opinion:
This is the first novel I've read from Ginny. I was drawn to it because I can relate somewhat with the main character Ellyn (meaning I am a bit on the voluptuous side ;) ). As I dug in I did find that I personally don't care for the first person way it is written in, but I do love the wit and humor Ginny weaves throughout. This novel is about pain and how it can be dealt with, but most importantly how God can pull us through it and draw us closer to Him be it self loathing, depression, or an eating disorder. The characters are great and I really like the way it ends. :) I recommend this book because it gives great insight to what some of us may feel and experience and how to pull through. Really the only things that I found I didn't like was the first person way it was written and the fact that I'm not vegan (but I even saw the point of having it through out the book). Great message, great characters, and great insight.

The songs for this book are: "Jesus Loves Me" by Whitney Houston, "Grace Greater Than Our Sin" by Justin Graves Band, "Fantasy & Fugue in C minor, BWV 537: Fantasia" by Esa-Pekka Salonen;Los Angeles Philharmonic, "Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees, and "Unaccompanied Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major, BWV 1007: Prélude" by Yo-Yo Ma

1 Timothy 1:17

~ASC

Thank you Handlebar for sending me a review copy! :)

* I received this book for the purpose of a review.  This is no way affected my opinion. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment