Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Icecutter's Daughter Review!!!

*The Icecutter's Daughter 
by Tracie Peterson


Book Description:
Merrill Krause longs for a family of her own, but she's bound by a promise to her dying mother to care for her father and older brothers until they no longer need her. She enjoys being part of the family business, harvesting ice during the brutal Minnesota winters. Merrill actively takes part, possessing a keen ability to work with the horses--despite the advice of her good friend, who disapproves of her unladylike behavior. 

When Rurik Jorgenson arrives in their small town to join his uncle doing carpentry, he soon crosses paths with Merrill. But unlike other men, who are often frightened away by her older brothers, Rurik isn't intimidated by them or by Merrill's strength and lack of femininity. As he thrives under the mentorship of his uncle, Rurik dreams of inheriting the business and claiming Merrill as his wife. But while he is determined to start a new life, the past is determined to follow him when his former fiancee and her brother show up in town. Soon Rurik is put in the center of a major scandal that may damage his relationship with Merrill. Can they learn to trust God--and each other--and embrace the promise of love?


My Opinion:
First off let me just say that I LOVE Tracie's writing!!! It does not surprise me that she has written 90 novels and I hope I can find the time to read them all!!! :) They are all so unique and lovely in there own way; The Icecutter's Daughter is no exception. I loved this book!!! When I first read the description I really wanted to read it, but not just because it was a Tracie Peterson novel that sounded really good. I wanted to learn and read about Ice cutters!!! :D But what I didn't know was that this book is filled with much more than just that. While Ice cutting is mentioned, there's not that many details that goes into it. But there is mention of the beautiful and strong Belgian horses that help with this job, and I loved their inclusion. Shocking twists that show God's Will will come in His perfect time and His mysterious ways; I absolutely LOVE the messages the book holds with in. And I enjoyed learning more about Swedish and German traditions and life styles (especially the food LOL!). There are so many aspects of the Icecutter's Daughter that a fabulous and I would love to go into all of them, but I don't want to give anything away! I definitely recommend this book!!! It has made it to my favorite books list with it's story of love, faith, hope, doubt, fear, lies, anguish, forgiveness, and true Christianity, hard work it's a must read!!!
There is one fault I found though. There are no recipes in the back!!! :( No carrot cookie with orange icing recipe!?!?!? WHY?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

My songs for this book are: "Angels From The Realms Of Glory" by Julie Andrews, "You Raise Me Up" by Celtic Woman, "Svenskt festspel (Swedish Festival Music)" by Orebro Symphony Orchestra, and "German Dances, in F Major for Clarinet, Violin and Cello Op. 26c: Slow Waltz Tempo - Vivace - Un poco tranquillo - Vivace - Un poco tranquillo - Coda-Vivace" by Wolfgang Meyer, Elisabeth Weber & Mischa Meyer

Hebrews 13:2

~ASC

* I received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion, and the above is my honest veiw of The Icecutter's Daughter. ~ASC  Thank you Bethany House and Noelle.


photo from: http://freetiiupix.cwahi.net/Agriculture_Livestock_Horses.htm

P.S. Thank you also to all of my followers! :)  I appreciate you all for reading my blog SO much!!! :)  

Not a follower yet?  Please become one with either GFC's "Join this site" button or Network Blogs.  Just look to the left of my blog! :)  Thank you and I hope to have you join me here and follow ASC Book Reveiws! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment