Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, May 13, 2013

When Love Calls Review!!!

*When Love Calls by Lorna Seilstad


Book Description:
Hannah Gregory is good at many things, but that list doesn't include following rules. So when she is forced to apply for a job as a telephone switchboard operator to support her two sisters, she knows it won't be easy. "Hello Girls" must conduct themselves according to strict--and often bewildering--rules. No talking to the other girls. No chatting with callers. No blowing your nose without first raising your hand. And absolutely no consorting with gentlemen while in training.

Meanwhile, young lawyer Lincoln Cole finds himself in the unfortunate position of having to enforce the bank's eviction of the three Gregory girls from their parents' home. He tries to soften the blow by supporting them in small ways as they settle into another home. But fiery Hannah refuses his overtures and insists on paying back every cent of his charity.

When one of Hannah's friends finds himself on the wrong side of a jail cell, Hannah is forced to look to Lincoln for help. Will it be her chance to return to her dreams of studying law? And could she be falling in love?
With historic details that bring to life the exciting first decade of the twentieth century, Lorna Seilstad weaves a charming tale of camaraderie and companionship that blossoms into love. Readers will get lost in this sweet romance and will eagerly look forward to championing each sister's dreams.


My Opinion:
I absolutely love this book and the author! This is the first of Lorna's work I have had the pleasure of reading, and I WANT MORE!!! LOL! She weaves humor into her story with an elegance unique to her way of writing. I must rave about her style and the story. Mystery is held with in and the lesson of learning to trust. I am personally at a time in my life where I have lost my siblings whose relationships with me had been strained any way. So the relationship between the Gregory sisters is like a balm to my soul. I can not wait until the next book in this series comes out!!! :) Aunt Sam's character is spunky and a wonderful addition that I want more of and I really enjoyed learning about the Hello Girls and the things they had to go through. Some are crazy! Lorna's pace is great and I never really felt like the story lagged in any place. There are different threads to this book that all end up in the same place with a beautiful ending. I love the way is begins; I love the way it ends! Simply fabulous piece of writing and I have found a new favorite author as well as book! :)

My songs for When Love Calls are: "Trust and Obey" by Chelsea Moon & The Franz Brothers, "Ho Hey" by Nashville Cast (I think the lyrics fit somewhat... :) ), "Relaxing Piano Music" by Relaxing Piano Music: Greatest Hymns: Best Loved Religious Hymns and Spiritual Songs for Christian Devotion, and this last one is between Ruth and Naomi but I still think it fits this book in some way (plus I just love this song :D ) "I'm With You (Ruth & Naomi)" by Nichole Nordeman.

Ruth 2:12

~ASC

*This book was sent to me for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and I truly LOVED When Love Calls! :)

~ASC

P.S.  Thanks Donna for all you do! :)  You are awesome!

“Available May 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

No comments:

Post a Comment