Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, June 15, 2013

Katie's Choice Review!!!

Katie's Choice by Amy Lillard


Book Description:
 Katie Rose Fisher loved Samuel Beachy with an intensity that shook their Amish district. No one doubted they would one day marry, until Samuel turned his back on the church and joined the world of the English.

Alone now in Clover Ridge, Katie Rose dedicates her life to God and the school children she teaches each day. Although she secretly longs for more, Katie knows God’s hand is at work, and she is happy.
News correspondent Zane Carson never even knew Oklahoma had an Amish community until he got the chance to live among them and learn about their day-to-day activities. Their simple way of life is intriguing, but not half as much as the young teacher.
Katie Rose is flattered over the attention she receives from Zane, but she has resolved to never marry. Even if she were to entertain the idea, it surely couldn’t be with an outsider like Zane.
Never one prone to the restraints of organized religion, Zane finds a comfort in the rituals and blessings in the day to day righteous living of this small Amish community. He finds himself, God, and love with Katie Rose.
But as Zane draws closer to Katie Rose, Samuel comes back to repent his ways and return to his place at her side. Can Zane convince Katie Rose that he is committed to adapting to her way of life, or will Samuel win her affec- tions back for himself once again?


My Opinion:
I started reading this book when I realized there was one before it, and that I had the first in the series already. So I put Katie's Choice down and read Saving Gideon first. I'm so glad I did. While Katie's Choice can be a stand alone I think that I enjoyed it much more after already being introduced and loving the original characters. That said, there are really great scenes that I loved; though there are also lulls in the story. It didn't completely capture me at times when at others I couldn't put it down! The over all message and story is interesting and unique. I love how Amy gives you a character that you don't like and don't want to like in the beginning and then does something that makes you love them like the rest. Katie's Choice is wonderful for the reader that has just started reading Amish stories. You will learn along with Zane about their ways and customs, but it is also great for those that have read about the Amish regularly (though at times I personally got frustrated with Zane in his first views of the Amish). :) Amy captures how The Lord will provide and how resourceful the people that trust in Him can come to be! :) A journey of change and finding Salvation and faith lies with in these pages! :) From the cost of fighting cancer to the love and loyalty of family! Katie's Choice is an all around great read! :) Plus there are some great humorous scenes! :D  I can't wait for the rest of the characters stories and see what Amy comes up with!

One last note that I must share is how I love that a Glossary is included! While as you read Amish fiction it becomes easy to know what they say without the help of a glossary it is still very considerate when it is included! :) The only question I would have for Amy is..."Where are the recipes?!?!?!?" ;) LOL!

My song choices: "The Love of God" by Dave Hunt, "Little Drummer Boy" Faith Hill,

and while I know I used this one for Saving Gideon as well; I must use it again for Katie's choice. On so many levels it works! :) (This time I'll use Dave's version :) ) "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes

*I requested an received this book for the purpose of reviewing it! :)  This in no way affected my opinion of Katie's Choice and the above is my honest view of the book! :) ~ASC

P.S. I would LOVE for you to become a follower of my blog! :)  Please follow either with GFC's "Join this site" button or through Network Blogs! :)  Look to the left of this post and you will find all you need! :)

P.P.S.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to my followers!  I enjoy you guys SO much.  May our Lord be with you and bless you all! :) ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment