Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mail Order Man Review!!!

Mail Order Man by Heather Gray



Book Description:
Some people get a mail order bride. She got a mail order man. A well-meaning friend places an ad to find a mail order husband for Sarah, the proprietress of Larkspur's stage and mail office. Sarah, who is generally quiet and reserved, doesn't know about the ad and has no idea what to do with all the people that are showing up in her community. Before long, the town is overrun with men and mail alike. Sarah is trying to avoid some men who have accosted her on the street when she stumbles into Samuel. Through long days spent together at the stage office, some very adventurous pots of coffee and a shared faith, the two become friends. Sarah knows that Samuel is hiding something from her, something important, but that does''t stop her heart from leaping wildly into love. Lacking the confidence to trust her heart, Sarah wars with herself over the feelings she can no longer deny. When some of the men who have come to town show their true intentions, a shootout follows. Sarah finally gets answers to many of the questions circling through her mind. One question remains, though. Where will her mail order man go when the dust settles?


My Opinion:
I was a little conflicted, but over all I REALLY enjoyed reading Mail Order Man. When I started out it immediately changed from what I thought it would be about and how it would be written.  I did however immediately LOVE the humor and good hearted teasing woven throughout; as well as the unique concept and idea of a mail ordered man. For me I felt there where some slow parts with some dips in the story that I had to get through in the begging, but then I started feeling a connection to Sarah and found some GREAT messages about Faith and our relationship with our Savior. I always love a book even more when I find connections with the characters as far as personality and events in their story. Then Heather COMPLETELY BLEW me out of the water with a turn of events!!! LOL! There are GREAT scenes in Mail Order Man with things I didn't see coming and events that I felt where completely out of the blue I LOVED IT!!! With enough lovable heartwarming characters, mystery, and finally a great conclusion Mail Order Man is a GREAT read! :)  The only other thing I wanted, but wasn't in Mail Order Bride, was some loose ends with characters tied up. Some of them where left unfinished in my opinion.

Songs straight from the book and my choices: "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee" by Amy Grant, "Just As I Am" by Holly Dunn, and "Hurry Up and Save Me" by Tiffany Giardina I think this last song has a lot to do with the book and the relationship Samuel and Sarah have, but also with how God uses Samuel in Sarah's life. :) Only Jesus can truly save and it's amazing to see the instruments He uses to do so. :)

*As a member of First Wild Car Tours I requested and received this book for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in now way affected my opinion and the above is my honest review. ~ASC

P.S. I WOULD LOVE for you to become a follower of ASC Book Reviews! :) Please look to the left for all you'll need to become one! :)

P.P.S.  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH to all of you that already follow my blog! :)  I'm SO Blessed to have you! :) ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment