Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, July 29, 2013

Sisters of Mercy Flats Review!!!

Sisters of Mercy Flats by Lori Copeland


Book Description:
From noted author Lori Copeland (more than 3 million books in print) comes a romantic new story of God's faithfulness when hope seems lost.
The three wily and beautiful McDougal sisters can swindle a man faster than it takes to lasso a calf. But their luck is running out, and they're about to be hauled off to jail. When the wagon carrying them falls under attack, each sister is picked up by a different man. Unfortunately for Abigail, she's grabbed by a twit of a shoe salesman, Mr. Hershall Digman. She steals his horse and rides off to the nearest town, not giving him another thought...until she discovers those secret papers in his saddlebags. Could Mr. Digman be a Confederate spy?
As if to prove it, the man who comes storming after her is no shoe salesman, but a handsome captain who wants his papers back...at any cost. And Abigail wants a ride back home. Together they embark on his mission, determined not to trust each other...or the God who won't seem to let them go.

My Opinion:
A unique and wonderful story!!!
I REALLY love this book!  From the beginning I was laughing like crazy!  Abigail is my kind of character!  One that is tough and doesn't let anyone get away with anything.  From early on sparks fly both from tempers and chemistry between the two lead characters!  Sisters of Mercy Flats is an original and wonderful idea.  Lori fills the pages with some twists and interesting decisions.  I really loved the way the civil war was laced in and the back stories of the characters.  There was one issue that I had, and that was when they were getting milk from heifers.  You can't get milk from a heifer.  To produce milk the cow must have had a calf and therefore it is no longer a heifer but a cow and a cow alone.  (Sigh) but I digress. ;)  Anyway I loved this book and I can't wait to see what happened to the other sisters!  I am SO anxious to read the other stories and see if they really do all get back together in the end.  Another unique character that I can't wait for (and I don't want to give anything away but I must give a shout out) is the Crow brave that is not a villain but a hero.  So many times in history and many stories the Crow people are painted as villains and really cruel people.  While I kinda think that is the way quite a few of them were it was very refreshing to read about a Crow brave doing something good!  I think this is a Must Read and I will go so far as to think that this series is going to be one of my favorites.  The characters are so unique and lovable and Lori's stories and style are so great I must recommend that you read Sisters of Mercy Flats.  It made me laugh all the way through! :D

Songs for Sisters of Mercy Flats: "Amazing Grace" by Emma, "You Never Are" by Francesca Battistelli, and one of my all time favorite songs!  I just couldn't resist! "Tough" by Kellie Pickler 

Exodus 14:14

~ASC

Places to buy Sisters of Mercy Flats:

CBD.com

or Amazon.com

*I received this book from Harvest House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above is my honest review of Sisters of Mercy Flats. ~ASC

Thank you Stephanie for the help and thank you Aaron for sending me Sisters of Mercy Flats. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment