Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Invention of Sarah Cummings Review!!!

The Invention of Sarah Cummings
 by Olivia Newport


Book Description:
Sarah Cummings has one goal in life--to break into Chicago's high society. Desperate to stop serving dinner and to start eating at society tables, Sarah alters cast-off gowns from the wealthy Banning women to create lustrous, flattering dresses of her own. On a whim at a chance meeting, she presents herself as Serena Cuthbert, weaving a fictitious past to go with her fictitious name. But as she gets closer to Simon Tewell, the director of St. Andrew's Orphanage, Sarah finds that she must choose between the life she has and the life she dreams of. Will she sacrifice love to continue her pretense? Or can Simon show her that sometimes you don't have to pretend for dreams to come true?

Olivia Newport brings us back to Prairie Avenue to explore the place where class, social expectations, and romance come together. Readers will enjoy following the intrepid Sarah as she searches for true love in a world of illusions.

My Opinion:
A wonderful read!!!  This is my first Olivia Newport novel.  I've wanted to read the first two so I was happy to read about the women from the first two books in Sarah's story.  So this can be kind of a spoiler alert because you will find out where Lucy and Charlotte end up!  :)  So if you haven't read their stories, and you don't want to read their ends before their beginnings, I suggest you get the first two books first!  That said this is a wonderful stand alone novel and the fact that I haven't read the first two yet only made me more intrigued about the first character's stories.  The Invention of Sarah Cummings is a GREAT lesson about how lies will lead to nothing but pain!  Charming, funny, and exciting!  I LOVE Sarah's love of sewing and the parts of her stitching, and the garments she's made, only added to the story and made me love this book more.  I was VERY inspired by this book.  I loved the characters and the messages; as well as the pace!  Flowing from one scene to the next with some time jumps so that when a party was mentioned for Saturday I didn't have to go through the whole week, reading about all of the days in between, just to get to the goodies!  The descriptions are fantastic with giving just enough detail and not going overboard.  There were some things that I felt were mentioned and then nothing happened with them.  So they kind of just dissolved, and there were a few outcomes I wasn't expecting.  But just as you think the story is winding down and going to end slowly Olivia picks up the pace again, and keeps you reading on excitedly, with a twist of events!  This is a great book to finish and then just think about what you just read.  It's a journey that takes so much shape and change it's cool to think back on how it all started!  A great book and a Must read!!!

The Invention of Sarag Cummings Soundtrack list is: "Butterfly Waltz - Piano and Cello" by Wedding Day Music, "I'd Rather Have Jesus (Hymns Classics Album Version) " by Hymns Classics Performers, "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Vitamin String Quartet, "I Shall Not Be Moved" by The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, "Old Irish Dance (Instrumental)" by St. Patrick Boys

Matthew 16:26

~ASC

“Available August 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Places to buy The Invention of Sarah Cummings:

Click here for CBD.com

or

Click here for Amazon

*I received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above is my honest review. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment