Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Marriage in Middlebury Review!!!

A Marriage in Middlebury by Anita Higman

Book Description:
One decision changed both their lives . . . but will love win in the end? Charlotte Rose Hill enjoys a comfortable life serving up country delicacies, uniquely blended teas, and matchmaking advice for her quirky, devoted customers. The only thing lacking is someone to share it with. At eighteen she denied Sam Wilder's marriage proposal after his family convinced her to walk away from their relationship. They both moved on . . . or so she thought. When Sam walks back into her life more than a decade later, Charlotte is surprised that her heart still quickens. But is it because of his presence? Or because of the presence of Sam's new fiancée? A second chance at love doesn't happen often, but their past may keep them apart. Is it too late for Sam and Charlotte?

Purchase a copy: http://ow.ly/qPbkU

Meet the author: Best-selling and award-winning author, Anita Higman, has over thirty books published (several coauthored) for adults and children. She's been a Barnes & Noble "Author of the Month" for Houston and has a BA degree, combining speech communication, psychology, and art. Anita loves good movies, exotic teas, and brunch with her friends.

Connect with Anita at: http://anitahigman.com

My Opinion:
A beautiful story.  I have recently grown to truly enjoy tea and tea rooms and this book just expanded that love.  I do wish that it went, just a little bit more, into the blending of the special teas and such, but the story and mixing of characters filled up these pages beautifully.  I really love Anita's writing style and she is one of my favorite authors.  Her flawless way of ending chapters makes me not want to put the book down, but just keep reading on and on!  Shocks, twists, and over all a love that goes deeper than mere contentment await you in A Marriage in Middlebury.  There was one character whose story left me wanting though, but the rest wrap up beautifully and I love how the Epilogue takes it all one step further for a nice finale!  Humor laced the plot and I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard at times.  But it's not lacking in drama either, and boy does Anita know how to come up with a bad guy!  And yet she makes you root for and love characters that you expect to become bad guys.  I love how everything entwines into each other to make a big picture showing God's hand in all things!  Quirky characters whom I grew to love made me want to return to Middlebury and learn more about the people!  When you pick up a book from Anita you're gonna get a heart warming love story, filled with excitement, humor, drama, and wonderful unique characters and plots that leave you not wanting to put the book down even after it ends.

Songs (some from the pages and songs that were inspired by what I read): "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" by Suzy Bogguss, "Matchmaker" New London Cast, "I Surrender All" by Katrina Saroyan, "Theme From Mission Impossible" by TV Theme Song Library, "So Close" by Jon McLaughlin, "In The Sweet By And By (Album Version)" by Johnny Cash, "Just Like You (Album Version)" by Keb' Mo', "I See The Light" by Mandy Moore, "Some Enchanted Evening" by Andy Williams, and "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring Pipe Organ Rendition" by Wedding Day Music

Romans 8:28


~ASC

*I received this book for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above is my true thoughts and feelings of A Marriage in Middlebury. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment