Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, March 1, 2014

Adoring Addie Review!!!

Adoring Addie by Leslie Gould

Book Description:
When Addie Cramer's mutter and daed decide Phillip Eicher is the man for her to marry, they claim she must honor them by obeying their wishes. But then she falls in love with Jonathan Mosier--part of the family with whom the Cramers have a long-held grudge. 

With the help of others in her community who long to see the quarrel healed, Jonathan and Addie struggle to continue their relationship against both sets of parents' wishes. But when one of Addie's vengeful brothers harms a member of the Mosier family, Jonathan intervenes and is banished from Lancaster County. 

A distraught Addie determines to find the true reason for the grudge between the two families, hoping to tear down the animosity of the past. Can their love for each other bridge the divide between their families? Or are they destined to remain apart forever?


My Opinion:
Simply amazing!!!  I LOVED this book and I LOVE Leslie!!!  She is a fabulous writer!  I love this Amish rendition of Romeo and Juliet even more than Shakespeare's original!  I have loved this whole series' concept from the very beginning and enjoy the way Leslie weaves Shakespeare's classics in Amish settings!  Cate, Bob, Pete, Betsy, Mervin, Martin, etc. from Courting Cate make reappearances in this sequel and help throughout the story.  I love how this book plays out.  From the beginning I enjoyed how Leslie had the characters fall in love slower.  Yes it could still be considered "love at first sight" and yes they do fall in love the first day, but it felt like it had enough time to develop instead of just glimpsing each other and BAM! they're in love! LOL!  All of the characters are wonderful!  And Leslie does a fantastic job of expressing the frustrating aspects of Addie's parents attempting to force her to marry someone she doesn't love!  I even love Jonathan more than the original Romeo!  His Faith and passion made me fall in love with him right along with Addie! :D  Some of my favorite scenes from the play appear in there own ways; such as the party scene where they meet.  And I really have come to love the first person way Leslie writes in; it made me feel closer with Addie and more involved with what she goes through.  The only grammatical thing that I personally don't like is the He when referring to The Lord isn't capitalized, but I digress!  From great twists to a fantastic end I love this book through and through!  I can't wait to read Minding Molly!!!

Songs: "How Great Thou Art" Carrie Underwood, "'Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus" by Alan Jackson, and while all the lyrics of this song may not match this book overall it does and I just love this song! :)  "Overcomer" by Mandisa
Songs may change in the future.

Revelations 21:5

~ASC

*I received this Book from Bethany House because I was interested in it and wanted to review it this in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment