Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, May 26, 2014

Silenced Review!!!

Silenced by Dani Pettery

Book Description:
Jake Knew Something Was Wrong.
But He Never Guessed 
How Wrong. 
A relaxing day of rock climbing takes a disturbing turn when Kayden McKenna's route brings her face-to-face with a dead climber. Is it a terrible accident or something darker? When the case is handed to overburdened sheriff Landon Grainger, he turns to Jake Westin for help. With Jake's past now revealed, he's ready to use his talent for investigation again--but he could never prepare for where the mystery will take him.

Kayden's climbing expertise soon leads her and Jake to the realization that the death was no accident. And worse, it seems the killer is onto them. When strange things begin happening in Yancey, Jake is terrified that once again his world may put someone he loves in danger. But the truth is far worse than he could ever imagine. 


My Opinion:
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!  This is probably my favorite in the Alaskan Courage series thus far.  I always loved Kayden and Jake as characters and their relationship blooms in Silenced.  From the beginning Dani grabbed me and did not let go until the last page!  Two mysteries swirl through the plot causing Jake and Kayden to become closer partners to survive the danger and solve the cases!  Two weddings also take place with the promise of more to come!  I LOVE the new and interesting characters that join the cast.  And I can't wait for the hinted after, and beautifully set up, next book with the wild baby brother Reef as the lead McKenna sibling.  I am worried though because I don't want this series to end! :D  Suspense and plot twists abound, and it's not short on adventure either!  A fabulous must read!!!

Songs that I think go with Silenced (my list consists of songs I think fit and some from Dani's picks): 
"Press On" by Mandisa, 
"Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson, 
"Worn" by Tenth Avenue North
"Carry Me" by Josh Wilson, 
and "Press On" by (Feat. Blanca Callahan of Group 1 Crew) Building 429 feat. Blanca Callahan of Group 1 Crew

And here's Dani's picks
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Philippians 4:13

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Silenced. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment