Search This Blog

Statcounter




Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Moment in Time Review!!!

A Moment in Time by Tracie Peterson

Book Description:
Alice Chesterfield is a woman pursued. Having survived an attack that left her scarred and her father dead, she is never free from the fear and memories of the man who is responsible.

Texas seems to be an answer to Alice's prayers, and when she has the opportunity to relocate to a ranch near Dallas, Robert Barnett captures her attention. Unlike any man Alice has ever known, Robert doesn't worry about the obstacles that stand in their way--and he hardly seems to notice the scar she bears.

But there are storm clouds gathering; devastating information about her family comes to light, threatening Alice's peaceful sanctuary. Disillusioned, Alice must learn to place her trust in God as she seeks a measure of peace for her future. . .and for her heart.


My Opinion:
A Nice sequel.  I was left in a huge cliff hanger in A Sensible Arrangement so I dove right into the opportunity to read A Moment in Time.  I found it to be a sweet read, but I think I would have liked it better if it wasn't a stand alone.  Because it is a stand alone, however, the pace slowed for me after the suspense scene it opens with, starring the notorious Mr. Smith once again.  The repeats of important facts from A Sensible Arrangement causes the pace to kinda fall into a lull of sorts.  When the story really started flowing though the pace picked up and I enjoyed it all the more.  New secrets and deceptions are brought to light as Alice takes center stage along with Marty's nephew Robert.  Hannah and Will, Robert's parents, also make great characters and wonderful additions to the books!  New surprises are in store for Marty and Jake as well, and I LOVE where Tracie is taking, and has taken, their stories.  If I didn't love Jake before (which I did! :D) I REALLY do now!  I can not wait for the next book, A Matter Of Heart coming Oct. 7th, to see where she takes these great characters next!  As in the last book Tracie leads us into the next book by introducing us to the main characters and in this case A Matter Of Heart's leading lady isn't the most popular in A Moment in Time; so it will be interesting to see what she does with her.  As always I LOVE the Spiritual lessons and messages in Tracie's books.  This one touches on worrying and fear in a beautiful way.  Overall I recommend this read for the sweet story, awesome messages, fantastic characters, and intriguing surprises!

Songs:
 "Not For A Moment (After All)" by Meredith Andrews, "Beauty For Ashes" by Crystal Lewis, and "Your Grace Finds Me (Live)" by Matt Redman
Songs or any part of this review May be changed and/or added to in the future. ~ASC

2 Timothy 1:7

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about A Moment in Time. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment