Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Matter of Heart Review!

A Matter of Heart by Tracie Peterson


Book Description:
Texas born and raised Jessica Atherton is a wealthy young woman whose heart was broken when the man she intended to marry wedded another. But her world is upended when two new men come into her life, and both manage to stir her heart.

Harrison Gable is a successful young lawyer with ambitions that match Jessica's dreams. His warm, attentive manner and thoughtful gifts make her feel special.

Austin Todd, a former Secret Service agent, enjoys working now as a Texas Ranger cattle inspector. But after learning of forged gold certificates and missing printing plates, he's drawn back into the world of intrigue and agrees to help solve the case. Jessica is drawn to his kind nature and the unspoken pain she sees in his eyes. 

If Jessica follows her heart, where will it lead?


My Opinion:
Ended up loving it!!!!  What a wonderful journey.  From Marty to Alice and now Jessica, this series is fantastic as a whole!  This one was a little harder for me to get into in the beginning because Jess was not one of my favorite characters.  I'm not gonna lie, her uppity, selfish ways kinda got on my nerves! LOL! :)  But Tracie has woven a beautiful tale of how people can change if they want to, and that we should always remember to forgive and give second chances.  Jessica realizes that her ways are wrong and she grows and changes into a loving and truly beautiful character.  Of coarse she is still human and not perfect so some set backs appear, but I truly love her as a character!  I always LOVE how God use Tracie to tell stories and lessons that show His hand and care throughout!  Just like in real life somethings don't work out, but somethings we think didn't work out end up being even better than we could have ever imagined they would be.  The infamous Mr. Smith makes another appearance and the conclusion of the mystery finally comes!  It's about time! LOL!  Tracie has been leaving me in cliff hangers and I'm glad it all gets taken care of! ;)  There is one thing that I found confusing as I read.  Mr. Smith's actual name is revealed during a suspenseful scene without any real lead in.  So when it read that "Lothar..." I was wondering "Who's Lothar!?  Where did he come from!" HA!  But as I read on Tracie explains that he and Mr. Smith are one and the same.  I need to do some research because Jessica's parents read as though their story was in a series before this one, and if it wasn't I want it to be! :D  I LOVE her parents and their story!  Both are fabulous lovable characters that you just want more of!  All these main girls are characters dear to my heart also!  Both Marty and Jessica share the exact personality of what I think a Texas woman is and should be.  They are still feminine, beautiful, and true women.  But they are tough enough that they can still stand up for themselves, be capable (even if it means having to wield a shotgun), and take what comes their way!  On the other hand the men in these stories are fabulous as well.  They don't baby their women, but they still care for and love them.  Overall this is a great book and a fabulous series from an amazing author!!!  I highly recommend it!!!  I can't wait to see where Tracie take us next!  
Songs: The leading of God's hand never ceases to leave me in a state of reverent awe!  I was greatly moved by this song and felt this version fits with Jessica, but I also will share the other beautiful version I found because they both are lovely! :) without further adieu here is: "I Stand Redeemed" by Naomi Wolfenden, "I Stand Redeemed" by Rejoice Singers,
"All This Time" by Britt Nicole, 
"The Yellow Rose of Texas (Remastered)" by Roy Rogers, 
and "US Cavalry She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" by John Philip Sousa
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC


Matthew 11:28, Matthew 19:26

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about A Matter of Heart. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment