Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, November 14, 2014

The Guardian Duke Review!!!

The Guardian Duke by Jamie Carie

Book Description:
Gabriel, the Duke of St. Easton, is ordered by the King to take guardianship over Lady Alexandria Featherstone whose parents are presumed dead after failing to return from a high profile treasure hunt. But Alexandria ignores this royal reassignment, believing her parents are still alive and duly following clues that may lead to their whereabouts. Gabriel, pressured by what are actually the King’s ulterior motives, pursues her across windswept England and the rolling green hills of Ireland but is always one step behind.

When they do meet, the search for earthly treasure will pale in comparison to what God has planned for both of them.


My Opinion:
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!  I had always wanted to read this series but when I found it I was just at the beginning of starting my reviewing blog and Jamie was in the middle of the series.  I am SO glad I waited to start with one when two and three are out because I can hardly wait for the next one!!!!!  Definitely love how Jamie wrote the cliff hanger ending, but at the same time I can't stand cliff hanger endings LOL!  From the lovely Holy Island, to the enchanting and beautiful Ireland I LOVED the journey and adventures that these characters go through.  I thought is has feelings of Princess Bride but even more FUN and I LOVE this more because of the Christian base throughout!!!  I LOVE these characters (yes I know I'm using the word LOVE a lot LOL! but bare with me...) They are excellently crafted and in just a short time they have become some of my all time favorites!  Alexandria is an awesome character that is quirky and brave.  I can see where she has some growing to do and I can't wait to read all about it, following her through her adventures that shape her into the woman God wants her to be.  I LOVE the way Jamie describes Gabriel!!!  I can just see him as clearly as if he stood right in front of me!  The struggles he goes through are a very interesting addition to the story that I wasn't expecting and as his character is revealed I love him more and more! :)  Along the way more characters crop up to help or hinder the journey in one way or another and I love the majority of them especially the sub characters and their stories!  With Jamie's humor woven into the suspense and excitement I actually devoured this book and I can't wait for more!!!  Where are Alex's parents?  What exactly is it they're searching for?  And will Alex find them in time or will it be too late!?  Questions that I can't wait to get the answers to!  I highly recommend The Guardian Duke but be prepared to get hooked!

Songs: "The Prayer" by Celtic Woman, 
"Carry Me" by Josh Wilson, 
"You Raise Me Up" by Celtic Woman,
"Swallow Tail Jig" by Irish & Celtic Folk Wanderers, 
"Paddy's Irish Jigs" by Marc Gunn's Irish & Celtic Music Podcast
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Revelation 22:21


~ASC

*I requested and received this book from B&H Fiction for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Guardian Duke. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment