Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, April 23, 2015

Dauntless Review!!!!!!!

Dauntless by Dina L. Sleiman

Book Description:
Where Legend and History Collide,
One Young Woman Will Fight for the Innocent

Born a baron's daughter, Lady Merry Ellison is now an enemy of the throne after her father's failed assassination attempt upon the king. Bold and uniquely skilled, she is willing to go to any lengths to protect the orphaned children of her former village--a group that becomes known as "The Ghosts of Farthingale Forest." Merry finds her charge more difficult as their growing notoriety brings increasing trouble their way.

Timothy Grey, ninth child of the Baron of Greyham, longs to perform some feat so legendary that he will rise from obscurity and earn a title of his own. When the Ghosts of Farthingale Forest are spotted in Wyndeshire, where he serves as assistant to the local earl, he might have found his chance. But when he comes face-to-face with the leader of the thieves, he's forced to reexamine everything he's known.


My Opinion:
WHAT AN AMAZING BOOK!!!!!  First let me start by telling you that I don't usually read Young Adult books.  I just never thought they'd be something I was interested in...BOY was I wrong! ;)  After getting hooked by the book description I decided to give this one a chance because I wanted to see if it would be good for one of our Tweens at church.  I am SO glad God lead me to this book!  Even though, after reading it, I think it is still a little advanced for the young girl at my church; I and my mother HIGHLY enjoyed it!  In my personal opinion this is a great read for 16 and up, unless anyone younger is mature beyond their years! ;)  Anyways let me get back to the actual story!  Filled with awesome characters and amazing scenes I absolutely LOVED how Dina writes!  With hints of Princess of Thieves, Robin Hood, and a little Princess Bride thrown in I could read this book over and over again!  There were times I didn't want to or couldn't put it down!  With twists, AMAZING Faith scenes, WONDERFUL messages, and a touch of romance, Dauntless is a MUST READ!  I can't wait to see what Dina writes next!  Her pace and setting is fabulous and kept me engaged from the very first page to the very last!  There is no way I can express to you how much I LOVE this book without giving things away so I will end with..I HIGHLY recommend Dauntless and think you should read it!!! ;)

This Song just played in my mind as I was reading and I feel it reflects the emotions of the story in many ways! :)  "He Knows" by Jeremy Camp
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Isaiah 61:3

~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment