Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, May 30, 2015

Amish Promises Review!!!!

Amish Promises by Leslie Gould

Book Description:
Journey Down a Quiet Lane in Lancaster County Where Love and Heartache and Friendship and Healing Meet
When Joel and Shani Beck arrive at their new home, they're looking for peace. Shani is thrilled to have Joel back from Iraq, but he needs time to heal, and the quiet of Lancaster seems just the place. They can't imagine any trouble with their Amish neighbors, the Lehmans, but things get off to a rocky start when their son is involved in an accident that injures one of the Lehman boys.
 
Eve Lehman has run her brother's household ever since the death of his wife, but Tim's a stern patriarch. Despite his protests, she's drawn to the new neighbor, Shani, and the two begin to form a strong friendship forged on faith and family. Things seem like they've quieted down until Joel's single and handsome army friend Charlie catches Eve's attention--a man unlike any Eve has ever met. Suddenly life for both families becomes more complicated than any of them could have ever imagined.


My Opinion:
Turned out to be an AWESOME read!!!!!!!  I REALLY wanted to read this one because I was Blessed to have read Leslie's whole The Courtships of Lancaster County series.  I fell in love with her way with words, and the Inspired way she crafts a story, through that series and I wanted to read her next venture.  There were times that I struggled with reading this one though because of how deeply emotional it truly is, and there were times I had to put it down for a little while to take an emotional break! LOL!  Both sides have HUGE obstacles they must over come and I won't lie, there were also times I wasn't sure how this was going to have a happy ending!  But in a way that's what was so beautifully real about it.  Life is just like this book.  In that, when you're in certain situations you just don't see how things can work out, you don't see how there can be a happy ending, or you can't see anything good come out of it, but then God takes that and makes the most beautiful things work out! :)  Dealing with strict Amish relationships, PTSD, injury, heartache, and more; the emotional range fluctuates drastically throughout.  I LOVE the kids in this story!  They add both a light heartedness and extra depth to the story and I really loved when they lifted the mood with their antics! :)  The ending makes this whole book worth reading for me!  I recommend this read for someone looking for a deep story with a happy ending and beautiful messages in between!  Overall an excellent and beautiful read!

Songs that I feel go with the story: 
"Drops in the Ocean" by Hawk Nelson, 
"Day One" by Matthew West, 
"Amazing Grace" by Chris Tomlin, 
"Shoulders" by for KING and COUNTRY, 
"Good Fight" by Unspoken
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Mark 12:31Matthew 22:39

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Amish Promises. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment