Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, June 8, 2015

Love's Rescue Review!!!!!!

Love's Rescue by Christine Johnson

Book Description:
When her mother dies, Elizabeth Benjamin heads home to Key West, determined to transform herself into the perfect Southern belle her parents always wished her to be. But nothing goes according to plan. Her crippled brother resents her, the servants do not obey her, and Rourke O'Malley, the dashing man she vowed to forget, refuses to relinquish his hold on her heart. Worst of all, it becomes painfully obvious that her father is not the upright man he appears to be.

As family secrets come to light, Elizabeth is faced with a difficult choice: to do her duty and abandon her dreams, or to leave her life of privilege behind to chase the man her father sees as little better than a pirate.

From the first emotional page, author Christine Johnson throws readers into a world of impossible choices, hidden desires, and heart-melting romance in the steamy south. Readers will cheer for Elizabeth and Rourke as they battle the odds and the elements to secure their future.


My Opinion:
WHAT AN AMAZING BOOK!  This is one of the best adventures I've read in a long time and it has made it to My Favorite Books List!  This is the first book I've read from Christine and I can't wait for more.  From the beginning I didn't want to put the book down, and I devoured chapter after chapter!  The characters immediately touched my heart and the twists and surprises in the story kept jumping out as the story unraveled!  I could read this book again and again!  I've always loved a good book centered around the sea and this one is no exception!  The strong characters that must overcome true human faults really adds to the story and the redemption that comes out in the end is simply beautiful!  Once again the message that forgiveness is a conscious effort is expressed exquisitely!  Christine's descriptions are fabulous, making you feel like you're right there with the characters!  I could read this book even with the tv on in the background!  LOL!  Usually the tv can prove to be a distraction, but I would get so absorbed in this story that the distractions just melted away! :)  Filled with love, hope, heartache, anger, manipulation, danger, adventure, Forgiveness, Redemption, Grace, healing, twists, humor, and justice!  I highly recommend this fabulous book to everyone!
Songs:
 "
Blest Be the Tie That Binds" performed by Holly Aloise, "Hurricane" by Natalie Grant, "At the Sound" from The Kingdom, and "Drops In the Ocean" by Hawk Nelson
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 93:4, Proverbs 13:12

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Love's Rescue. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment