Search This Blog

Statcounter




Wednesday, September 23, 2015

M is for Manger Review!

M is for Manger
by Crystal Bowman and Teri McKinley 
Illustrated by Claire Keay

Book Description:
Travel through the alphabet with this beautiful rhyming storybook that tells the story of Jesus’ birth. Begin with the angel who tells Mary that she is God’s chosen vessel and follow along until you reach the zillions of stars that paled in comparison to the star that announced the birthplace of the newborn King. Beautifully illustrated and written, this book will be a classic for parents to read to their children every Christmas season.

My Opinion:
Lovely book!  I'm starting my CHRISTmas reading off early this year with this sweet little childrens book!  The illustrations are absolutely beautiful!  The rhymes are sweet and well written!  And I really enjoy the addition of scripture below each rhyme!  The only thing that I REALLY wish had been done differently was for the authors to only use one translation of scripture instead of 3.  And I would have also written the Z differently, but maybe that's just me! ;)  I truly LOVE how Biblically correct they tried to be with the kings not coming at the time the shepherds did, and I was really happy that they chose to go all the way through including Elizabeth, Simeon, and Anna.  Overall I think this is a sweet and lovely read to get for your child and read to them each CHRISTmas! :)

Songs: "Silent Night" performed by Kelly Clarkson feat. Reba McEntire & Trisha Yearwood
 Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Luke 2

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Tyndale for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about M is for Manger. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment