Search This Blog

Statcounter




Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Knit, Purl, Pray Review!

Knit, Purl, Pray: 
52 Devotions for the Creative Soul 
by Lisa Bogart

Book Description:
Knit, Purl, Pray is for the knitter who recognizes that when she is creating something beautiful with yarn, it is also a way to be quiet and reflect. The devotions make connections between knitting and all manner of things from joy and service to boredom and confession. These reflections help the reader think about the craft they love in a new way and perhaps see their problems as something that can be unraveled and reworked into something beautiful. Each new day is an opportunity to create something new.

My Opinion:
A little torn  I'm a little torn with this one.  There are things in it that I really like and then there are a few things that I didn't.  There are some devotions that I really loved; they were filled with great content!  Then there were some that I enjoyed because I learned new knitting tips or tricks.  But then there were a few that seemed a bit repetitive and finally there were those that felt like advertisements for charity.  I have nothing against charities I think they are lovely and I think knitting charities are awesome, but it just seemed like the push for charity knitting became repetitive.  Personally I didn't get as much out of this devo. as I had hoped I would.

~ASC

*I requested and received a copy of this book for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Knit, Purl, Pray. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment