Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, November 14, 2015

Vendetta Review!

Vendetta by Lisa Harris

Book Description:
No one needs to push Nikki Boyd to excel on the Tennessee Missing Person Task Force. The case of her own missing sister, still unsolved after ten years, is the driving force in her work. When a Polaroid photo of a missing girl shows up at a crime scene, Nikki quickly recognizes similarities to the past. The closer she gets to the abductor, the more she feels that this case is getting personal, and that she is not the hunter at all--but actually the one being hunted.

With this explosive first book in the new Nikki Boyd Files, Lisa Harris takes readers on a fast-paced pursuit of justice that will have them holding their breath until the heart-stopping finish.


My Opinion:
Exciting!  This is an exciting new series and I'm looking forward to more!  With twists and surprises throughout and complex interesting characters the action doesn't take many rests.  There are some character conversations that seemed a little long to me, one scene that was a little (for lack of a better word) odd to me, and some things were repeated a few too many times for my personal liking.  Overall though I really enjoyed the story and getting to know these characters.  Nikki is such a full complex character that I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface in getting to know all that she is, and that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the next story! :)  Excellent suspense, intrigue, romance, mystery, and more!  I can't wait to see what else Lisa's going to do with this new series!

Songs:
 "Pushing Back the Dark" by Josh Wilson

Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 37:7

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Vendetta. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment