Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, March 31, 2016

Annabel Lee Review Part One!!!!!

Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa

Book Description:
Fourteen miles east of Peachtree, Alabama, a secret is hidden. That secret's name is Annabel Lee Truckson, and even she doesn't know why her mysterious uncle has stowed her deep underground in a military-style bunker. He's left her with a few German words, a barely-controlled guard dog, and a single command: "Don't open that door for anybody, you got it? Not even me."

Above ground, a former Army sniper called The Mute and an enigmatic "Dr. Smith" know about the girl. As the race begins to find her, the tension builds. Who wants to set her free? Why does the other want to keep her captive forever? Who will reach her first?

Private investigators Trudi Coffey and Samuel Hill need to piece together the clues and stay alive long enough to retrieve the girl--before it's too late.


My Opinion:
First Impression:  I found this description highly intriguing and when I saw it was from Revell I jumped at a chance to read and review it!  It grabs you and drags you in from the very beginning and won't let you go!  The pace is fast and exciting!  There are some dark moments that make me think that this should be for only older and more mature readers, not young adult, but I don't know that it's marketed towards YA anyway so I digress! :)  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Trudi as a character!  And her whole relationship with Sam is intriguing and I hope they can figure things out as the series continues! ;)  There are some, for lack of a better word, strange about the book that I'm not sure how I necessarily feel about them yet.  But overall I'm enjoying it.  Twists and shocks upon twists keep you on yours toes and wondering what can possibly happen next! :D 


Songs to come: Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Annabel Lee. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment