Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, March 31, 2016

Author Interview with Siri Mitchelle!

Good Morning! :)  
I'm overjoyed to interview Siri Mitchelle and share her answers with you today!  Her latest, Flirtation Walk, released this month and I HIGHLY recommend it! :)

About Siri:
Siri Mitchell graduated from the University of Washington with a business degree and worked in various levels of government. As a military spouse, she has lived all over the world, including Paris and Tokyo. Siri enjoys observing and learning from different cultures. She is fluent in French and loves sushi.
But she is also a member of a strange breed of people called novelists. When they’re listening to a speaker and taking notes, chances are, they’ve just had a great idea for a plot or a dialogue. If they nod in response to a really profound statement, they’re probably thinking, “Yes. Right. That’s exactly what my character needs to hear.” When they edit their manuscripts, they laugh at the funny parts. And cry at the sad parts. Sometimes they even talk to their characters.
Siri wrote 4 books and accumulated 153 rejections before signing with a publisher. In the process, she saw the bottoms of more pints of Ben & Jerry’s than she cares to admit. At various times she has vowed never to write another word again. Ever. She has gone on writing strikes and even stooped to threatening her manuscripts with the shredder.

ASC-What's you favorite Bible verse? 

SM-"There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky." Deut. 33:26 (KJV)

ASC-What's you favorite song right now? 

SM-Help Me Find It by Sidewalk Prophets


ASC-What are you reading right now? 

SM-Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter

ASC-What or who encouraged you to write? 

SM-My ninth grade history teacher told me I was a really good writer, British author Noreen RIols encouraged me through my first manuscript, and Lissa Halls Johnson has cheered me on ever since

ASC-What was you Inspiration for Flirtation Walk? 

SM-I read somewhere that there was a tradition at West Point that the cadet who graduated at the bottom of his class received a dollar from everyone else. It made me wonder what it would take for a cadet at the very top of his class to slide all the way down to the bottom

ASC-What's next for you? 

SM-I not sure what's next! I'm sifting through ideas at the moment

ASC-Is there anything else that you would like readers to know?

SM-Thank you for all of your enthusiasm and encouragement for my stories through the years! Flirtation Walk is my sixteenth novel. I could not have written so hard for so long without you!! 

Connect with Siri on Facebook and Twitter 

Thank you Siri for answering all these questions! :)  I LOVE your answers! Many Blessings~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment