Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Flirtation Walk Review!!!!!!!

Flirtation Walk by Siri Mitchell 

Book Description:
At West Point, Only True Love Should Lead You to Flirtation Walk
Lucinda Pennyworth, the daughter of a con man, is trying her best to leave her father's sordid past behind her. When he dies unexpectedly, she takes the opportunity to move to West Point to live with her aunt, ready to take on a new life and determined to marry a respectable man, a West Point cadet, to impress her relatives.                                                                     
Seth Westcott, a cadet at the academy, is proud to be at the top of his senior class. But when his mother dies and his sister loses their inheritance to a swindler, Seth wants nothing more than to head west to track down the con man. But the army will only send the cadets at the bottom of the class to the frontier . . . which leaves Seth with some tough choices.

When a woman trying her best to be good meets a man determined to be anything but, can there be hope for love, or will two lonely hearts be condemned to casual flirtation?


My Opinion:
Lovely read!  Siri always draws me in, in everything I've read from her!  This time she has come up with fantastic and complex characters!  The whole time I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for everything to come crashing down and boy does it! :)  Poor Lucinda is a character that needs some help, but you can't help but love her through her issues.  And then there's Seth! :)  Stuck when he  needs to be, and thinks he needs to be, elsewhere, his attempts to do what he thinks he needs to leads to more trouble! :)  And then the sub characters! :)  I LOVE and want more of their stories!  There was a couple of personal issues I have with specific words and I wish they weren't used in the book, but the rest of it is FABULOUS!  Interesting history, both in the story and in the Author's Note, woven throughout an intriguing story, by a FANTASTIC author!  How could you go wrong with that?! :D  I really enjoyed it and hope that Siri goes on with these characters some time.
  
Songs: "God Is on the Move" by 7eventh Time Down and "Hurricane" by Natalie Grant

 Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Flirtation Walk. ~ASC

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! Thanks for taking the time to write and post a review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by Siri! :) I can't wait to see what's next for you! I always LOVE your characters!

      Many Blessings, ASC

      Delete