Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Magnolia Duchess Review!!!!!!!

The Magnolia Duchess by Beth White

Book Description:
Fiona Lanier is the only woman in the tiny Gulf Coast settlement of Navy Cove. While her shipbuilding family races to fill the demand for American ships brought by the War of 1812, Fiona tries to rescue her brother who was forced into service by the British Navy.

Lieutenant Charlie Kincaid has been undercover for six months, obtaining information vital to the planned British invasion of New Orleans. When a summer storm south of Mobile Bay wrecks his ship and scatters the crew, Charlie suffers a head injury, ultimately collapsing in the arms of a beautiful mermaid who seems eerily familiar. As Charlie's memory returns in agonizing jags and crashes, he and Fiona discover that falling in love may be as inevitable as the tide. But when political loyalties begin to collide, they'll each have to decide where their true heart lies.


My Opinion:
WOW!  I absolutely LOVE the second book in this series and so I couldn't wait for this one to come out!!!!  And while Lyse's story is still my favorite in the series Fiona's story is just as entertaining!  FULL of twists and the unexpected, you feel like you MUST keep reading just to see what could possibly happen next!  And just when you think there couldn't be any more surprises Beth throws another one at you! :D  I also LOVE the way Beth writes about history!  As many of you that have read my reviews before know, history was not one of my favorite subjects in school.  So when I find an author that really brings it into and entertaining and intriguing way I'm one happy reader! :)  Lyse and Rafa make another appearance and I LOVE coming back to these characters and this family!  This new generation is as brave, adventurous, and patriotic as the last!  From Navy Cove, to Mobile, to New Orleans and back.  Filled with battles, spies, and romance (not just one, or two, but three!) The Magnolia Duchess is a fabulous adventure that is a MUST READ! :)  

Songs: "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" by Chris Tomlin, "Yankee Doodle" performed by the US Army Chorus, and "Hurricane" by Natalie Grant

 Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Magnolia Duchess. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment