Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, April 25, 2016

The Reluctant Duchess Review!!!!

The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna M. White

Book Description:
A Riveting Edwardian Series Set among Britain's High Society
Lady Rowena Kinnaird may be the heiress to a Highland earldom, but she has never felt good enough--not for her father, not for the man she thought she'd marry, not for God. But after a shocking attack, she's willing to be forever an outcast if it means escaping Loch Morar.

Brice Myerston, the Duke of Nottingham, has found himself in possession of a rare treasure his enemies are prepared to kill for. While Brice has never been one to shy away from manor-born ladies, the last thing he needs is the distraction of Lady Rowena, who finds herself in a desperate situation. But when Rowena's father tries to trap Brice into marrying his daughter, Brice makes a surprising decision.

Rowena wanted to escape the Highlands, but she's reluctant to marry a notorious flirt. And when she learns that Brice is mixed up in questionable business with a stolen treasure, she fears she's about to end up directly in the path of everything she was trying to avoid.


My Opinion:
LOVE IT!!!  Abuse, healing, redemption, romance, heartache, mystery, tragedy, humor, suspense, and SO MUCH MORE!  The Reluctant Duchess is AMAZING!  I haven't read the first in this series yet (and I stress the word yet) ;)  So while there are characters and history from the first book mentioned Roseanna has crafted it into a beautiful stand alone also!  I was blown away by how awesome this book is.  Throwing you right into the story from the beginning you don't want to put it down, and when you finish you want to start from the beginning all over again! :)  With twists and hidden enemies, you don't know which characters to trust and who will strike next!!!!  I LOVED reading how these characters grow closer to God and closer to each other!  Rowena's pain and trials tore at my heart and in a minor way I found I could relate to her.  OH and BRICE!  I love him!  He is one of my all time favorite hero characters!  With his kindness and faith!  He is awesome!  I also loved that Roseanna adds a second romance into the mix, and how she touches on acknowledging the unseen around us!  From the Highlands to lovely British estates this story takes you on an amazing journey that will leave you thinking about it long after you've finished reading! 
I can't wait for the next book!
Songs: "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson

 Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC


1 Corinthians 13:4-8


~ASC


*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Reluctant Duchess. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment