Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, May 30, 2016

Fading Starlight Review!

Fading Starlight by Kathryn Cushman 

Book Description:
A Tale of Unexpected Friendship and Old Hollywood Glamour

Lauren Summers is hiding. 


Her fashion house internship should have launched her career, but a red carpet accident has left her blackballed. The only job she finds is unpaid, but comes with free lodging--a run-down cottage in the shadow of a cliff-side mansion. Unsure of what comes next, she's surprised to be contacted by a reporter researching a reclusive former Hollywood ingenue who lives in the nearby mansion. 

Kendall Joiner wants Lauren's help uncovering the old woman's secrets. In return, she'll prove the red carpet accident was a publicity stunt so Lauren can regain her former job. With all her dreams in front of her, Lauren's tempted by the offer, but as she and the old woman get to know each other, Lauren realizes nothing is quite as it seems.


My Opinion:
FABULOUS read!  This is my first read from Kathryn and I'm dying to read more! :)  I requested this book because I found the book description interesting....it is SO much better than the description!  A beautiful story of persistence in the face of adversity and Faith in the face of false accusation unfolds with very interesting and completely lovable characters!  I truly truly love Lauren's best friend and best friends mother!  They are some of my favorite characters of all time!  Lauren herself is also a favorite and I really enjoyed following her through this journey!  With just a passing hint of romance this book is more about Faith, discovery, and friendship!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fashion and designing aspects of this story and I find myself studying movie costumes even more after reading this. :D  It did take me a little while to get into it in the very beginning, but then scandal, unjust accusations, plots, and mystery swept me away so much I didn't want to quite reading!  Overall this book was so much more than I expected and one of the coolest stories I've read this year!

Songs: "The God I Know" by Love & The Outcome, "Moonlight Becomes You" performed by Ella Fitzgerald, and "God Is on the Move" by 7eventh Time Down

 Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 116

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Fading Starlight. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment