Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, May 13, 2016

The League and The Lantern Review!

The League and the Lantern by Brian Wells

Book Description:
AFTER A DISASTROUS SIXTH GRADE, Jake Herndon is anxiously awaiting his Big Do-Over, starting with his new school's notorious seventh grade sleepover. Awkward team-building games and forced fun quickly become the least of his problems, however, when a dangerous organization invades and the night takes a shocking turn. Jake and two new classmates, Lucy and TJ, barely escape, only to find themselves in a fight for survival on the streets of Chicago. Over the next 48 hours they unravel a mystery dating back to the Civil War and an incredible secret about Jake s family.

Full of unforgettable characters and unexpected twists, The League and the Lantern is a jaw-dropping ride of mind-bending revelations and laugh-out-loud humor. If Jake and his new friends can make it through this weekend, they just might have a shot at seventh grade.
My Opinion:
Torn and Disappointed.  :/  When I read the book description and the goal for this book (getting a Christian read into this particular market) I was excited and hoping for a fantastic tale.  I personally found the goal fantastic, but the execution lacking.  When I started the humor and the characters really carried me through the plot, and I also enjoyed the action scenes!  Though even from there I was hoping and longing for more Christian content.  In fact throughout the book I feel there are only a tiny few remarks that bring it back to the base of Christianity and I REALLY wish there was A LOT more.  Then as I moved towards the latter middle and end of the book, additions of cloning and other odd technology quickly started to disappoint.  From there I started skimming so I could give my honest opinion, but gloss over these personally upsetting additions.  Overall I found that I REALLY had hoped Brian was going to go a completely different way with this, and will not be continuing with the series. 

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Fly By Promotions for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The League and the Lantern. ~ASC

#TheLeagueAndTheLantern & #FlyBy

No comments:

Post a Comment