Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, June 24, 2016

No Other Will Do Review!!!!

No Other Will Do by Karen Witemeyer

Book Description:
Men are optional. That's the credo Emma Chandler's suffragette aunts preached and why she started a successful women's colony in Harper's Station, Texas. But when an unknown assailant tries repeatedly to drive them out, Emma admits they might need a man after all. A man who can fight--and she knows just the one.

Malachi Shaw finally earned the respect he craved by becoming an explosives expert for the railroad. Yet when Emma's plea arrives, he bolts to Harper's Station to repay the girl who once saved his life. Only she's not a girl any longer. She's a woman with a mind of her own and a smile that makes a man imagine a future he doesn't deserve.

As the danger intensifies, old feelings grow and deepen, but Emma and Mal will need more than love to survive.


My Opinion:
Karen is still one of my all time favorite authors!  This book was SO much more than I thought it would be after reading the book description.  Although, a fabulous story is what I always expect from Karen! :)  She doesn't disappoint!  The descriptions that she uses are fabulous and unique.  Instead of the same old, same old "butterflies in the stomach" I enjoyed Karen's renditions for describing this feeling!  There were some parts that I thought slowed the pace of the story a bit, but then the suspense would sky rocket you through the next couple of chapters! :D  And there are also many heart melting moments included as well!  I LOVE the plot and the ending!  The characters are awesome and I AM SO Happy that more of these characters will be getting there own stories as Karen continues the series in novels and novellas!!!  I am DEFINITELY looking forward to more!  A fun, Faith filled, entertaining tale that snatches you up with a fabulous beginning and leads you to a sweet end!

Songs: {Thus far I can't come up with a soundtrack for this one....  Have you read No Other Will Do yet?  Do you have a song that would go nicely with the story?  Leave me a comment and let me know! :) }
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 18

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about No Other Will Do. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment