Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, July 21, 2016

An Elegant Façade Review!!!

An Elegant Façade by Kristi Ann Hunter

Book Description:
Lady Georgina Hawthorne has worked tirelessly to seal her place as the Incomparable for her debut season. At her first London ball, she hopes to snag the attention of an earl.

With money and business connections, but without impeccable bloodlines, Colin McCrae is invited everywhere but accepted nowhere. When he first encounters the fashionable Lady Georgina, he's irritated by his attraction to a woman who concerns herself only with status and appearance.

What Colin doesn't know is that Georgina's desperate social aspirations are driven by the shameful secret she harbors. Association with Colin McCrae is not part of Georgina's plan, but as their paths continue to cross, they both must decide if the realization of their dreams is worth the sacrifices they must make.  


My Opinion:
I ended up really enjoying it!  I absolutely LOVED the first in this series so I was really excited to read An Elegant Façade.  The first half of the book's pace was a little sluggish for me as it repeats quiet a bit from A Nobel Masquerade.  While I did find it interesting to re-read these scenes from other character's points of view I still had a hard time engaging.  It may also have been because in the beginning I wasn't fond of Georgina.  Her conceited attitude really rubbed me the wrong way, and even when I was feeling sorry for her I was irritated.  But as the new scenes started I began to really love the book!  Colin's character is one of my favorites and Georgina really started to grown on me as she started to change!  I really enjoyed her relationship with her friend and maid and then, after she changed, with her sister and family.  There are also scenes towards the end that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED and made me laugh out loud!  Overall I really enjoyed this book and mainly the last half and spiritual message!  I highly recommend it and can't wait to see what Kristi has in store for us next!    
Songs: "Your Love Never Fails" by Newsboys and "Nothing Ever (Could Separate Us)" by Citizen Way

Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Romans 8:38-39

~ASC


*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about An Elegant Façade. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment