Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, July 25, 2016

Honor Redeemed Review!

Honor Redeemed by Christine Johnson

Book Description:
Two years ago, Prosperity Jones waved farewell to her beloved David as the army sent him to faraway Key West. Now with her parents gone, she has but one prospect for the future: make the dangerous journey from Nantucket to Key West to reunite with David and secure a happier life. Arriving penniless in the South, Prosperity is dismayed to find David married to someone else. Scrambling to survive and nursing a broken heart, she gains the friendship--and the affection--of a kind doctor. Could he be the answer to her loneliness? Or will her life be upended by circumstance yet again?

With a deft hand, Christine Johnson fills the reader's senses with the sights, sounds, and smells of Key West in this heartwarming story of honor lost, honor redeemed, and a love forged in adversity.


My Opinion:
Great Faith messages!  I read and LOVED the first in this series, Love's Rescue, so I was REALLY excited to read Honor Redeemed.  And WOW what a story!  This is filled with pain and heartache, but beating at the heart of the story is Forgiveness and love!  I was so happy Elizabeth and Rourke, as well as Elizabeth's dad come back to help out, along with some new additions! :)  There were a few moments that I wish had been different.  Mainly that the two main characters would stop going back and forth quite so much and just talk to each other! LOL!  But there were very important scenes mixed in those moments also.  The plot is very different from what I expected from the book description, and I couldn't bring myself to really like Dr. Goodenow for many reasons so I was rooting for David pretty much from the beginning!  For me the Faith messages of this book are FABULOUS, the intrigue is spot on, and the ending is BEAUTIFUL!

Songs: "Forgiveness" by Matthew West and "He Leadeth Me" performed by The Cluster Pluckers

 Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Romans 8:28

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Honor Redeemed. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment