Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, August 29, 2016

The Artisan's Wife Review!!!!!!!

The Artisan's Wife by Judith Miller

Book Description:
Ainslee McKay's world is shaken when she discovers her twin sister has not only eloped with a man she barely knows but now Ainslee must fulfill their obligation at a tile works in Weston, West Virginia. Ainslee must learn the ropes and, if she can keep the tile works profitable, her brother will help her sell the business. 

When Levi Judson arrives and shows Ainslee his designs for new tiles, she's impressed by his skill and passion for the business. But he's hiding his true reason for coming to Weston. And Ainslee knows he'd be crushed to learn his plans for a long career at McKay Tile Works are in vain since she intends to sell. Can the growing feelings between them survive if the truth comes to light--or is a future together as untenable as the future of the tile works itself?


My Opinion:
A Lovely Wrap Up!  This has been a great series that I am SO happy I've been Blessed with reading all the way through!  Following the McKay family and their businesses has been fun, entertaining, and educational!  Throughout these books I have LOVED reading about how the business was run and how the products were made.  From bricks, to pottery, and now tiles!  I found it all very captivating, and Judith writes in a way that keeps it entertaining while still filling it with historical and educational detail!  I also LOVED how she brings everything full circle and let's us know where everyone ends up whether they were good guys or not so good guys! ;)  The look into the mental health facilities at this time was also interesting, if a bit sad since things couldn't stay this way.  On the one hand things were better and on the other some things did need to change.  There were some lulls in the pace, but only slightly and then it would pick back up.  I really liked "getting to know" Ainslee more.  Since she was one of the twins I always thought of them together instead of as individual characters.  So when Judith splits them and takes us along with Ainslee I really found it fascinating and enjoyed her individualizing of this character.  Overall I recommend this series for it's entertaining and lovable characters as well as the Faith messages woven into the plots.  The books are written in a way that I think you could get away with reading them individually, but I also think that you will enjoy it more if you read them as a whole! :)   

Songs: "Trust In You" by Lauren Daigle

Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Artisan's Wife. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment