Search This Blog

Statcounter




Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Lady Unrivaled Review!!!

A Lady Unrivaled by Roseanna White

Book Description:

Lady Ella Myerston can always find a reason to smile--even if it's just in hope that tomorrow will be better than today. All her life everyone has tried to protect her from the realities of the world, but Ella knows very well the danger that has haunted her brother and their friend, and she won't wait for it to strike again. She intends to take action . . . and if that happens to involve an adventurous trip to the Cotswolds, then so much the better.

Lord Cayton has already broken two hearts, including that of his first wife, who died before he could convince himself to love her. Now he's determined to live a better life. But that proves complicated when old friends arrive on the scene and try to threaten him into a life of crime. He does his best to remove the intriguing Lady Ella from danger, but the stubborn girl won't budge. How else can he redeem himself, though, but by saving her--and his daughter--from those dangerous people who seem ready to destroy them all?

My Opinion:
Torn!  I'm a little torn with this one, and I'm finding it even hard to write my review.  On the one hand I absolutely LOVED all of these characters and how Roseanna shows us where the main characters from all three books end up.  I love the mystery and the twists!  I LOVE the romance!!!  And I love some of what Roseanna did with the character Catherine.  But on the other there where things that I wanted to be different.  I had thought Rushworth would have been different than he is in this book, and on many levels I wished he had been.  And the addition of Indian religion and such did not appeal to me and I found myself skipping through those scenes.  I understand that the diamonds were from India, but I personally would have preferred a little less depth into their "history".  I also was left longing for something I can't quite put my finger on.  There are characters added in this book that I wanted to be wrapped up more completely, and the way things end with the diamonds wasn't what I expected, and while I'm not really sure on how I wanted it different, I just felt like it fell a bit flat.  Overall I have many favorite scenes that I could read again and again, I LOVE all of the characters, but the book as a whole leaves me missing and longing for something....  The second in this series is still my favorite and the one I recommend the most! :)



Songs: "Worth It" by Francesca Battistelli, "East To West" Casting Crowns, and "Mended" by Matthew West
 Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC



Romans 8:28


~ASC


*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about A Lady Unrivaled. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment