Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, October 7, 2016

The Captive Heart Review!!!

The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep 
+Michelle Griep

Book Description:
Proper English governess Eleanor Morgan flees to the colonies to escape the wrath of a brute of an employer. When the Charles Town family she’s to work for never arrives to collect her from the dock, she is forced to settle for the only reputable choice remaining to her—marriage to a man she’s never met. Trapper and tracker Samuel Heath is a hardened survivor used to getting his own way by brain or by brawn, and he’s determined to find a mother for his young daughter. But finding a wife proves to be impossible. No upstanding woman wants to marry a murderer.

My Opinion:
Passion, danger, a land on the brink of war!  Michelle takes the passion just as far as I want any Christian fiction love story to go.  This is definitely a book for more mature readers, with a touch of innuendo, but nothing overly explicit.  The passion of these two runs deep!  Filled with danger and secrets I didn't want to put this book down, and when I had to I couldn't wait to pick it back up.  As a matter of fact, when I reached the last sentence I wanted to start all over at the beginning and read it again!!!!!  I LOVE how spunky Eleanor is, and while I thought Samuel needed to work on his communication skills I still loved him! LOL!  Plus those sub characters! :D  LOVE THEM!!!  They leave you longing for more books with them at the fore front!!!!  I personally wish there had been a few more prayers from the characters, but love the addition of what's woven in.  This is a GREAT journey filled with love, loss, joy, sadness, shocks, twists, passion, history, Faith, laughter, and SO much more!  

Songs: "Worth It" by Francesca Battistelli, "
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I received this book from Barbour for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Captive Heart. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment