Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Stolen Heart Review!!

A Stolen Heart by Amanda Cabot

Book Description:
30259145
From afar, Cimarron Creek seems like an idyllic town tucked in the Texas Hill Country. But when former schoolteacher Lydia Crawford steps onto its dusty streets in 1880, she finds a town with a deep-seated resentment of Northerners--like her. Lydia won't let that get her down, though. All will be well when she's reunited with her fiancĂ©. But when she discovers he has disappeared--and that he left behind a pregnant wife--Lydia is at a loss about what to do next. The handsome sheriff urges her to trust him, but can she trust anyone in this town where secrets are as prevalent as bluebonnets in spring?

My Opinion:
Hmmmm.....  I was torn with this one.  I've read a short story in a collection by Amanda and loved it.  So I was excited for a chance to read another of her books.  Well.......I liked parts of it and some parts were a touch lacking for me personally.  I LOVED the candy aspects (even though there was nothing mentioned in the book description about it) and in the beginning the mystery was intriguing.  But I figured out the mystery nearly only half way through the book and then it was a little dry once I knew everything, but the characters weren't catching on.  The story as a whole was a little too long for me and I wish the pace had been faster.  I also felt that it started out light hearted and then it changed leads mid-stride and got significantly more serious; which was a little uncomfortable at times.  I wish there had been more candy making/description scenes because I devoured ;) them.  And even though I did have it all figured out, the end scene when the characters figured it out and trapped the bad guy was still a great few scenes.  I just wished it had happened A LOT sooner. :)  Overall there where scenes that I truly enjoyed, but the book as a whole fell a little flat.  If your looking for a book with interesting candy making, business scenes, Faith scenes, and pretty good characters, but not an advanced mystery, this may be the book for you.

Songs: "He Leadeth Me" by The Cluster Pluckers
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Romans 8:28

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about A Stolen Heart. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment