Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, April 14, 2017

Love Comes Calling Review!

Love Comes Calling  by Siri Mitchell

Book Description:
18008073
A girl with the best of intentions. 
A heart set on Hollywood. 
An empty pocketbook.
That's all it takes for Ellis Eton to find herself working as a telephone operator for a look-alike friend. For Ellis, this job will provide not only acting practice but the funds to get her a start in the movies. She's tired of always being a disappointment to her traditional Boston family, and though she can't deny the way he makes her head spin, she knows she's not good enough for Griffin Phillips, either. 


It's simple: avoid Griff's attentions, work, and get paid. But in typical Ellis fashion, her simple plan spirals out of control when she overhears a menacing phone call...with her very own Griff as the target.

With an endearing heroine as her lead, Siri Mitchell takes readers on a madcap tale
of love and discovering one's true desires!


My Opinion:
A truly fun read! I just love Siri's books and, like this one, usually devour them! LOL!  Ellis is such a funny character!  I LOVED her!  She is totally spastic and yet completely lovable!!!  Highly misunderstood her family drove me a little nuts with their opinions of her.  But then there's Griff [deep swooning sigh ;) ]; he has got to be one of the best guys I've read about in a while!  Or if not, he has made me forget the recent ones! LOL!  He is so good!!!!  There's no way Ellis' heart or mine stands a chance when he starts to speak! :D   This is a completely entertaining and highly funny read, with a dash of conspiracy!  I really wanted more faith scenes though, the moments God is mentioned I gobbled up I just wanted more!  I also wish the story had gone a little father than it did; there were somethings I felt where left hanging when the book ended.  I absolutely loved all the interesting historical details and opinions.  Especially Siri's Author's notes and piece on Prohibition in the back.  This book had a touch of almost everything for me, sad moments, mystery, interesting historical details, explanations of switch boards in clear detail, roll on the floor funny scenes, fabulous characters, and much more!  I recommend this read! :)

Song: "Just as I am" (my favorite is from Alan Jackson)
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Matthew 7:1-5

~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment