Search This Blog

Statcounter




Friday, May 19, 2017

Author Interview with Cissy Hunt!!!!!

I am happy to introduce you to Cissy Hunt today!
Cissy is author of 3 books 
A Rose Blooms Among the Thorns, Spirit Dancer, Going Home. 

What is your Favorite Bible verse?

My favorite Bible verse is:

Hebrews 13:5  "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

This is my favorite verse because, no matter what I am going through I am reminded that I am never alone.

What is your favorite song right now?

If I have to choose I believe that my favorite song would have to be:

One Day at a Time by Cristy Lane.


This song reminds me to take each day as it comes. I'm not to look forward to tomorrow because it has not arrived, or look back to yesterday because it has already passed. I can do nothing to change either.

What is your favorite book right now or What you're reading right now?

For a long time my favorite book has been Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte but I just read a book by a new author, Debra Shiveley Welch titled Circle of Time. This book is a time travel book that is just amazing.

Right now reading research material for my 4th book, Freedom's Voyage. It is about my 9th great-grandmother, Elanor Billington and her voyage on the Mayflower.

What or who encouraged you to write?

This is an easy question. It was my high school English teacher, Mrs. Fife. She was a wonderful teacher and she encouraged, complimented, and pushed one to improve with each assignment.

What was your Inspiration for "A Rose Blooms Among the Thorns"?

A Rose Blooms Among the Thorns, though it is written as a fiction is based on my own life. The abuse I endured – My struggles to get out of the abuse – My battle to accept my healing – and the fight to forgive my abuser.

What's next for you?

Right now I am completing my 3rd book, Going Home, I hope to have it sent off to my editor by the first week of June. It is the story of a woman broken and traveling back to her childhood home, looking for what she left behind. I have been doing research to start writing on my 4th book, Freedom's Voyage. It is based on my 9th great grandmother, Elanor Billington, and her life on the Mayflower.

Is there anything else that you would like readers to know?

I would like the readers to know that the stories I write are for two reasons: (1) To bring Glory to God (2) With the expectation of touching women's lives with hope, encourage a growth in faith, and always point them to the Lord Jesus.

Amen! Thank you so much Cissy for allowing me to interview you today! I hope your goals meet with success! Many Blessings ~ASC

And thank you readers! If you are interested in finding Cissy online here are some links to follow ;)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cissys-Book-Page-101777343191000/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3409639.Cissy_Hunt?from_search=true

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Amanda for the interview. I have been truly blessed since meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful interview Cissy. Honest and raw, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting BookItBK Walker! :)

      ~ASC

      Delete