Search This Blog

Statcounter




Thursday, August 24, 2017

Misdirect Review!!!!!

Misdirect by Beverly Nault


Book Description:
35503419
A mission failure has confined CIA covert operative Eve Parker to desk duty and she's left to pick up the pieces of her broken personal life. But when her daughter's fiance is taken hostage, Eve must return to the Middle East armed with rusty tradecraft, and dubious credibility shrouded in her peers' skepticism. Will she get it together in time to thwart the biggest threat to America since 9/11, or will her old-fashioned ways cause her to fail again? And if a suspected mole, a missing thumb drive, and a camel ride through the desert weren't challenging enough, a Muslim teen with questions about God cause Eve to struggle with her own faith. As the most important assignment of her life draws near, events unfold to demonstrate that, particularly in espionage, things are not always as they seem. Join Eve Parker as she confronts her past, a national threat, and a crisis of faith in this spy thriller layered with intrigue, suspense, and surprise ending from an award-winning author reviewers call "a master storyteller."

My Opinion:
Nice CIA read.  This is a new direction for Beverly, at least it's different from the other books I've read by her.  And that's one of the reason I was so excited to read it!  Right away I felt like I do when watching my favorite CIA shows or movies!  The flow and revelation of pieces in the puzzle are well written and are exactly what's needed for a CIA book.  Cloaked in secrets it can come off as "confusing" at times, but anyone that knows the patterns of a CIA story shouldn't have any problems following along.  There are some details that I feel are incorrect and some things I wish were different.  I also wish there had been more True Faith scenes (though the ones that are in there I devoured!).  But I liked the end, enjoying the fact that I figured some things out, but still had some surprise tidbits!

Songs: "Come As You Are" by Crowder, "Untitled Hymn" by Chris Rice
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I received this book from the author for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Misdirect. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment