Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, September 19, 2017

My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley: Lily's Dilemma Review!!!!

My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley: 
Lily's Dilemma 
by Andrea Boeshaar

Book Description:
33946536Journey into the Shenandoah Valley of 1816 where...
With Nothing Left, Lily May be Forced into a Loveless Marriage.

Captain McAlister “Mac” Albright has purchased land in the Shenandoah Valley. However, the land belongs to Lillyanna Laughlin—or so she erroneously thinks. Mac sets her straight about current laws, and despite a poor start, the two are becoming friends.

Then, while Mac is away on business, Lily is faced with the impossible decision of marrying a man twice her age or she and her brothers becoming homeless, as her late father gambled away their home and acreage. But with debts being called in, will Lily be forced to choose a loveless marriage just when she is discovering what true love could be?  What can she possibly do? Will Mac return in time to spare Lily a lifetime of unhappiness? 


My Opinion:
Torn.....  This one started slow for me and part of that has to do with some of the ways the author expresses attraction.  I've read some of Andrea's books before and I've been torn with them also.  She doesn't always have a happy ending, and personally I need happy endings! LOL!  So this was a skim ahead book for me, you know the ones you skim through chapters to see if the story's worth the time to read the whole thing.  For some reason this usually makes me feel guilty, LOL! but I'm so happy I did it.  Since I read enough things that made me want to read it as a whole!  There are MANY aspects of Andrea's story that I enjoy and those things over shadow the things that I don't.  I loved certain Faith scenes, although there is a quote used here that Mac says he remembers a Bible verse that says something along the same lines, though I couldn't find a Bible verse that went with the quote....  The "villain" in this one is easy to not route for.  Not only is he FAR too old for Lily (although at the time this was common) Andrea made him gross, rude, cruel, arrogant, unloving, and the list could go on and on!  But the thing that really got me were the twists and turns in the plot!!!!  There were surprises after surprises!  Overall I'm torn with this one as I've found myself with the author's other books. There are things I enjoyed (like the characters) and things that I wanted to be eliminated or different (like the quote thing, bodily descriptions, among of other things, pace of the story).

Songs: "Amazing Grace", "Psalm 100:3", 
and a hauntingly lovely lament

Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 100:3, Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I received this book from Barbour for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley: Lily's Dilemma . ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment