Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Great Truffle Mishap!

Ok so it wasn't that great a Mishap, but still...LOL!

First let me start off by saying that even though I LOVE baking and making desserts there are just some things that no matter how much I practice or how many times I try I just can not make them!  For example.......To this day my mom has to make buttercream frosting for me!  No lie!  For some reason I (unless it also contains peanut butter.....for some odd reason) I CAN'T seem to make it right! 

Well apparently ganache truffles is another one of those things.  :/  A quick search online will lead you to many easy recipes, but they are all different ratios.  And I had heard once that the ratio for truffles is 2 chocolate to 1 cream!  Simple enough right?  NOT FOR ME!  And I've tried more than once! LOL! 

Well this last time I read that instead of cream you could use liquid coffee creamers! :D  I was SO excited!  So I thought I'd try again, and I found a small chocolate peppermint coffee creamer!!!  But once again they're too sticky and soft. :/  I made both white and semi-sweet chocolate ones and then crushed peppermint candies for the coating.  But after scooping, rolling, and coating in the peppermint candy, I happily set them on the plate and watched as the started to pool and spread out. :(
Instead of the pretty little balls of deliciousness I was going for they're just little globs of chocolate.  Now some of you may be like my mom and say "Hey they still taste good", but sadly the perfectionist in me is not happy! HA!

Right about now you might be thinking, "Why is she telling me this?" ;)  Well since the truffles are too sticky and smooshed The Lord struck me woth Inspiration!  I placed one white and one semi-sweet truffle in a mug and poured milk over them.  Place it in the microwave and you know what you get?  THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE I'VE EVER TASTED! :D 


Doesn't it even look tasty?


And isn't that just a great way to think about somethings?  It reminds me that sometimes when we try something that doesn't work out or come out right, that God can still use it and make something GREAT out of it!

So if, like me, you try your hand at chocolate truffles and find they just didn't come out right, toss them in a ziplock, freeze them, and break them out for a delicious cup of hot chocolate this winter! ;)  Then try again! LOL!

And yes since, I've found a use for my Mishaps, I will be trying truffles again!  (And here's the stubborn streak in me y'all) I WILL NOT stop until I make some Great, Round, and Firm, chocolate truffles!!!!! ;) 

Many Blessings everybody!

~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment