Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, November 4, 2017

A Dangerous Legacy Review!

A Dangerous Legacy by Elizabeth Camden


Book Description:
34020181

Lucy is determined to keep working as a telegraph operator at a news agency, even though the arrival of Sir Colin Beckwith threatens her position. When she discovers Colin's shocking secret, she agrees to assist him if he helps her find her family's stolen inheritance--not realizing that the trail leads into a web of treachery, danger, and conspiracy.






My Opinion:
I liked pieces.  The first 100 pages of this book are REALLY good to me, but it was in the next 100 that I started coming across things that just weren't personally to my liking.  The story isn't what I expected from the book description, and I found I didn't particularly like Colin, the male lead.  Because of this there were pieces I skimmed and pieces I skipped all together.  I found when I did this I enjoyed reading the other pieces much more.  Personally for me Nick and Lucy together were what was really good about the book!  It was their scenes, especially the scenes when they were together, that I devoured and truly enjoyed.  Though I do wish there had been more prayer throughout.  And there were some things that made me wonder why they were added to the story and then somethings that I wish hadn't been added at all.  The whole plot base is interesting and the historical detail is lovely.  Overall I'm torn with this one, and in the end it's personally not my cup of tea. 
Songs: "Greater Is He" by Blanca
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Jeremiah 29:11

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about A Dangerous Legacy. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment