Search This Blog

Statcounter




Saturday, January 13, 2018

Death at Thorburn Hall Review!!!

Death at Thorburn Hall by Julianna Deering

Book Description:
34020179Drew Farthering finds a new mystery on his hands when he arrives at Thorburn Hall in Scotland for the 1935 British Open. His host, Lord Rainsby, asks Drew to investigate a suspected embezzler--then dies in a suspicious accident the next day. However, the house is full of guests with potential motives. Can Drew discover the killer among them?







My Opinion:
A good read!  I really enjoyed this Drew Farthering mystery, it being the second I've read in the series.  Though I did find it's pace a little slower in the beginning, and I was a little sad at who ends up being the baddie.  I really liked the person and didn't want them to be the baddie!  There was also a touch of confusion as I was reading along.  I thought at first I had missed something when a clue was brought up, but as I went back and searched through what I had read before I couldn't find any pre-mention of the clue. :/  I did enjoy all of the characters though and I LOVE that Nick and Carrie are included in the cast!  Plus I absolutely love Drew and Madeline!  We also learn even more about Drew's past!  And top all of that with a Scottish setting! <3  Reading these later books leaves me chomping at the bit to read the ones before it, and also leaves me longing for more!  I hope to see Drew, Madeline, and their friends and relatives again in more books soon! ;)
 
Songs: "Whom Shall I Fear" by Chris Tomlin, "Amazing Grace" 
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Proverbs 13:24

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Death at Thorburn Hall. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment