Search This Blog

Statcounter




Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Far Side of the Sea Audio Book Review!!!!

Far Side of the Sea by Kate Breslin

Audio Book Review: https://youtu.be/ePoeYAgTBLc

Audio Reviews transcripts:
And I have four verses I would like to read with it starting with: 
Psalm 139:9-10 author's choice
“If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.”

Lamentations 3:32 “But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies."

And Colin mentions pieces of Psalm 116 throughout the latter part of the book so I'll read 

Psalm 116:1-2 
“I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. 2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.”

Psalm 116:5
Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

Really enjoyed this book overall!  It was a little slow in the beginning for me but I think that's because I hadn't read the previous book where Colin's introduced.  So for me personally the plot didn't seem to pick up and ensnare me until Johanna entered the picture.  I LOVE JO!  She is a fantastic character and has some of the best and most humorous scenes!  I think one thing that I loved the most about this book is that both the male and female leads are so far from perfect.  For one thing Colin's missing hand really made me kind of excited, because there aren't that many quote on quote heros out there that have such and impediment.  And then Jo's inability to tame her hair and keep herself quote on quote put together really endeared me to her, well since, (clear throat) I may relate to some of these issues.  I particularly LOVED the scene where these two meet, but I won't give away the wonderful details!  As the plot progressed I was immersed into the spy game and I loved every bit of it!  Kate throws in some of the best twists!  I love the historical details and I especially loved the additions of carrier pigeons and nesting rings!  AND THE FAITH SCENES!!!!  BIG LOVE FOR THOSE! Overall I really enjoyed this book, it makes me want to go back and more about these characters in their previous book and I highly recommend it!
Songs: Through All Of It Colton Dixon, Haven't Seen It Yet Danny Gokey


*I received a copy of this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about "Far Side of the Sea"

No comments:

Post a Comment