Search This Blog

Statcounter




Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Heart on the Line Review!!!!!

Heart on the Line by Karen Witemeyer

Book Description:
32510778Grace Mallory is tired of running, of hiding. But when an old friend sends an after-hours telegraph transmission warning Grace that the man who has hunted her for nearly a year has discovered her location, she fears she has no choice. She can't let the villain she believes responsible for her father's death release his wrath in Harper's Station, the town that has sheltered her and blessed her with the dearest friends she's ever known. 

Amos Bledsoe prefers bicycles to horses and private conversations over the telegraph wire to social gatherings with young ladies who see him as nothing more than an oddity. His telegraph companion, the mysterious Miss G, listens eagerly to his ramblings every night and delights him with tales all her own. For months, their friendship--dare he believe, courtship?--has fed his hope that he has finally found the woman God intended for him. Yet when he takes the next step to meet her in person, he discovers her life is in peril, and Amos must decide if he can shed the cocoon of his quiet nature to become the hero Grace requires. 

My Opinion:
LOVE IT!!!  I am a HUGE fan of Karen, and this just makes me love her books even more! :)  She weaves Faith and Love so beautifully!!!!  Heart on the Line is really two love stories in one, and I think I enjoyed the second characters story even more than Grace's!  From the beginning Karen grabs your attention as she sets the stage.  Then she proceeds to develop some of the most lovable and entertaining characters you will ever find!  I absolutely loved returning to Harper's Station and I can't wait to come again! ;)  The action scenes are fantastic and I truly love Grace as a character.  Beneath her shy exterior lies courage and a back bone of iron!  And Amos is a true gentleman!  I also loved the return of all my favorite characters, from Aunts Henry and Bertie to Emma, Malachi, Tori, and Ben.  But the secondary couple really stole the show for me.  I won't give anything away, but I've just got to say, I devoured every single scene about these two and would read this book over again for those scenes alone! ;)  Overall I dub this a MUST READ!  

The only thing I wish was different has more to do with the publisher than the author.  As anyone who knows me knows, ebooks and I do NOT get along.  And I missed out on Tori's story because it's ebook only. :/  Or so I thought!  I'm SO excited that Worth the Wait (aptly named is it not? ;) ) will be releasing in a novella collection next year (OH I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!).  I wish it had been published before Heart on the Line or that Worth the Wait had been published in the beginning of Heart on the Line.  Ok I'll get off my soap box now. ;)


Songs: "Even If" by MercyMe, "God gave me you" performed by Dave Barnes
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Galatians 5:1, Proverbs 13:12

~ASC


*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Heart on the Line. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment