Search This Blog

Statcounter




Tuesday, September 12, 2017

These Healing Hills Review!!!!!!!

These Healing Hills by Ann H. Gabhart

Book Description:
34020270
Francine Howard has her life all mapped out until the soldier she planned to marry at WWII's end writes to tell her he's in love with a woman in England. Devastated, Francine seeks a fresh start in the Appalachian Mountains, training to be a nurse midwife for the Frontier Nursing Service.

Deeply affected by the horrors he witnessed at war, Ben Locke has never thought further ahead than making it home to Kentucky. His future shrouded in as much mist as his beloved mountains, he's at a loss when it comes to envisioning what's next for his life.

When Francine's and Ben's paths intersect, it's immediately clear that they are from different worlds and value different things. But love has a way of healing old wounds . . . and revealing tantalizing new possibilities.


My Opinion:
A MUST READ!!!!!  This is one of the best books I've read this year!!!  And the best book I've read of Ann's!  The whole plot was very intriguing to me from the beginning and I was drawn deeper still as Fran starts her journey.  Feelings of Christy echo in the first few pages, but soon the story grew into it's own!  I LOVE these characters from the main to the sub.  I was fearful something bad was going to happen, since life in the mountains is hard at the best of times, but I was refreshingly overjoyed.  I also LOVE the pace of the story, at first it felt a little strange as the timeline took some pretty big steps, but as things progressed I was happy Ann didn't dig into great detail on some scenes.  Francine has become one of my favorite characters, and one that will stick with me!  Then there's Ben, who you can't just help but fall in love with, and yes the dog on the cover isn't just for looks! ;)  I think he was probably my favorite character! :D  The setting is gorgeous and Ann's details of the scenery are just right, enough to paint the picture without giving too much description.  There was just one thing that I did NOT like about this book....IT ENDED! LOL!  I knew it was coming, but when I got there I was thrown into Reader's melancholy and   nearly started all over from the beginning again!  Oh overall I JUST LOVED THIS BOOK!  I HIGHLY recommend it, and dub it a MUST READ!
Songs: "Froggie Went a Courtin' " (though while the book says the snake eats the mouse the version I read says it was the cat. ;) LOL!), 
"He Leadeth Me",  
"Same Power" by Jeremy Camp, 
"Toora, Loora, Loora",
and "Amazing Grace" 
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 46:1-2

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings abouThese Healing Hills. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment