Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, July 27, 2015

Misfit Like Me Review!!!!!!!

Misfit Like Me  by Miranda Atchley

Book Description:
Growing up different is hard; especially when you're a Goth in the Bible belt. No one knows that better than sixteen-year-old Madeline Warner. The teasing from her peers, many of whom claim to be Christians, has hardened her heart toward the people around her and the God they claim to serve. If they can be so unkind, then what would God Himself have to say to her? Lonely and in the middle of sophomore year, Madeline gets a new locker buddy, punk rocker Alice Wang. With her colorful make-up and hair and unique taste in music, Alice seems like friend material, but some of her choices may keep the two apart. And on top of that, Madeline's Bible toting Grandma is on her way for a visit. All things considered, Madeline can't help but wonder; how can she survive this season in her life? Find out in this story of rejection and ultimately hope.

My Opinion:
What an AWESOME Read!!!!!  I really enjoyed this book and I'm so happy I'm getting into more young adult reads!  Misfit Like Me gives a very interesting insight to what some teenagers go through and is a wonderful journey to Salvation.  I grew to love Madeline's character and there are many other characters that are dear to my heart throughout!  I LOVE the humor Miranda weaves into the story and the realistic way she writes!  And if I had a teenager of my own I would definitely have them read this cool book!  Messages of God's love and mercy are at the heart of this read and I love how some of the character's roles seem to reverse as the book goes on!  I would LOVE to read more about these characters; to see what happens to all of them in a couple of years and see where they have been led from here!  I definitely recommend this wonderful and quirky read!

Songs: "Learning to Be the Light" by Newworldson,
"Come As You Are" by Crowder,
"We Believe" by Newsboys,
"Hello, My Name Is" by Matthew West,
"God-Shaped Hole (2010 Version)" by Plumb
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

John 8:32

~ASC

*I received a review copy from the author, this in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Misfit Like Me!

Thank you to Miranda for sending me a review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment