Search This Blog

Statcounter




Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Amish Sweethearts Review!

Amish Sweethearts by Leslie Gould 

Book Description:
Can These Two Friends from Opposite Worlds Find Love? 

They've been best friends for years, but as high school ends, Zane Beck can't help but look at his Amish neighbor, Lila Lehman, with different eyes. Her controlling father sees only one future for Lila, though, and arranges for her to be courted by an upstanding young Amish man. When Zane sees the two together, his plans for the future crumble, and he impulsively enlists in the Army, following in his father's footsteps.

However, the passing of years and the distance between them isn't enough to halt their now hidden feelings for each other. If being together used to be difficult, it's now impossible, especially with the Amish opposed to war. Zane's service takes a dramatic turn when he's sent to Afghanistan. Being on the front line and the reality of taking a life has him questioning whether he can continue to serve or not. But all choices have consequences--both his and hers. With Lila preparing to marry another, will these one-time sweethearts ever find the life together that they both still long for?


My Opinion:
Wow!  :)  These poor characters! LOL!  Sometimes it seems like they can't catch a break, but then other times it feels like they just make it harder on themselves!  Then in the end The Lord brings it all back to good! :)  I LOVE that!  So much like real life!  Oh this one starts off and throws readers into a mess! :D  How is this all going to work out and what drama, stress, and heartache are they going to have to go through to finally get somewhere good!  It will take you on an emotional roller coaster and I recommend this read to those looking for a deep read.  I've loved Zane and Lila's relationship from the beginning, but it gets knocked down and can't seem to get back up.  Back and forth Lila struggles with some of the same issues her aunt did and is left in turmoil without knowing what her mother would advice her to do.  Both of their maturity grows but there are slips.  I loved the addition of the know older Adam and Trudy as well as all the other returning characters!  I REALLY love how far Tim is coming as a character!  There where times that I just didn't like him very much, but he to is growing and I LOVE it!  Overall I enjoyed this book!  When I read the book description I wasn't looking forward to the Afghanistan scenes, but I really enjoyed what they added to the story and how Leslie wrote them!  All the turmoil and emotional roller coaster was worth it for me by the end!  And I can't wait to see where these two go from here!

Songs: "The Army Goes Rolling Along (The U.S. Army Song)" performed by The United States Army Band, "How Great Thou Art" performed by Alan Jackson, "I'm In The Lord's Army" performed by St. John's Children Choir, "Be Still and Know That I Am God" by Pattie Mock

Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 46:10

~ASC


*I requested and received this book from Bethany House for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Amish Sweethearts. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment