Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, April 10, 2017

Pursued Review!

Pursued by Lisa Harris

Book Description:
30259134Nikki Boyd's flight into Nashville was routine--up until the crash landing at the airport. When the dust settles, Nikki discovers that the woman who had been seated next to her on the plane is missing--and no one will admit she was ever there. Erika Hamilton had been flying to Nashville with an air marshal as a key witness in an upcoming grand jury trial. When she flees from the crash, is she running from trouble or straight into it? Before Nikki can even see her family, she and her team are pulled into a missing persons case where the motives are as unclear as the suspects.

My Opinion:
There are things I LOVE about the Nikki Boyd books and then there are things that I don't so much.  And Pursued is no exception. :)  Let me start with the LOVE!  Lisa added so much prayer from Nikki in Pursued and I LOVED IT!!!!   With suspenseful scene after scene I LOVED how Nikki would send up quick prayers along the way!  I actually really love Nikki as a character also, she's unique and interesting!  There were somethings that I thought didn't add up as far as facts and the timeline however and there were sometimes I found myself thinking, "wait that's doesn't make sense" or "come on guys [talking to the characters, you know you do it to ;) ] you know what's going on.  Stop asking silly questions.".  There were also some sense that were a tad too long for me; I found my mind wandering.  BUT Nikki's personal mystery, you know the one that got her into law enforcement, about her sister's case are the parts that keep me going, even through the too long scenes!  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK where, I'm hoping, we finally find out all about Sarah!!!  Overall I think followers of this series will enjoy this one, but I don't think this is a stand alone.
Songs: "Oh My Soul" by Casting Crowns
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

~ASC

*I requested and received this book from Revell for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about Pursued. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment