Search This Blog

Statcounter




Monday, October 23, 2017

The Dishonorable Miss Delancey Review!!!!!!!

The Dishonorable Miss Delancey 
by Carolyn Miller

Book Description:
34154360Will a damaged reputation and desire for society's approval thwart the legacy of grace? 
Tainted by scandal and forced to leave London for the quieter Brighton countryside, the Honorable Miss Clara DeLancey is a shadow of her former society self. She's lost the man she loved to another and, in a culture that has no patience for self-pity, is struggling with depression. A chance encounter brings her a healing friendship with the sisters of an injured naval captain. But Clara's society mama is appalled at the new company she's keeping. 
Captain Benjamin Kemsley is not looking for a wife. But his gallant spirit won't let him ignore the penniless viscount's daughter--not when she so obviously needs assistance to keep moving forward from day to day. Can he protect his heart and still keep her safe? 
When they're pushed into the highest echelons of society at the Prince Regent's Brighton Pavilion, this mismatched couple must decide if family honor is more important than their hopes. Can they right the wrongs of the past and find future happiness together--without finances, family support, or royal favor? 


My Opinion:
Nice ending.  I've loved this series from the start!  And even though I didn't devour this one quit as quickly as the previous two, that had nothing to do with Clara Delancey being the main character.  On the contrary I felt that Carolyn started leading me to feel sympathy for Clara in the last book, since I felt she was a victim of a manipulative mothers as much as Nicholas.  But if your sympathy string was not affected by the last book like mine was, Carolyn makes sure it gets a great big tug from the very beginning!  I love how she just throws you into the story in the beginning.  And while I loved all the characters, old and new, the reason I didn't devour this story like the last is due to me feeling the pace has lulls this time.  But the end of the story picks up with the action and then I love how Carolyn wraps up the ending.  I was SO happy that my favorite characters, the Hawkesburys, returned.  While I enjoyed all the hero characters in this series I've always loved Nicholas the most! ;)  This is a redemption story through and through however, and I LOVE all of the faith scenes (though personally I wish Clara had done somethings differently towards the end of the book).  But fans of this series are not going to be disappointed with this final addition!  Faith, adventure, romance, and so much more await and it's all wrapped up in an absolutely GORGEOUS cover! :)  Overall this is a nice ending, leading into new beginnings!

Oh yeah and if, like me, your saddened by this being the last book, we don't have to be to biblio-depressed!  Carolyn's new series is due in Spring of 2018!!! :D  And dare we hope to see our favorite characters again and again along with meeting new ones along the way?  Now I know next spring is quite a while to wait, but I've got a feeling the wait will be more than worth it! ;)
Songs: "Broken Things" by Matthew West, "Mercy is a Song" by Matthew West "Forgiveness" by Matthew West (can you tell he's my favorite musical artist?) and "Different" by Micah Tyler
Songs etc. May be changed and/or added in the future. ~ASC

Psalm 57, Proverbs 3:6 

~ASC


*I requested and received this book from Kregel for the purpose of reviewing it.  This in no way affected my opinion and the above are my true thoughts and feelings about The Dishonorable Miss Delancey. ~ASC

No comments:

Post a Comment